Close
Advertise Here
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

thanks paul, when the ouyas arrive there will be a explosion of users so, im sure this issue will come up and everyone will be disscusing it then. if only we did not have to wait 2 more months.

How does Blast Corps, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Starfox 64 run on your emulator?

Three of my favorites, all brilliant.

Will this really Happen? It remains to be seen....I'm all I though, that's for sure!

DO WANT!!!

Anyway... Four questions:

1) Do you have a lists of supported/broken/untested ROMs?
    2) Are you working by yourself?
    3) Will you be charging for this?
    4) If you do charge will that lead to more testing and faster fixes?

Approved "for real" this time (I hope!) I'm gonna get this thing published before they change their mind again, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    How does Blast Corps, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Starfox 64 run on your emulator?

Three of my favorites, all brilliant.
    I haven't tested these specifically on the OUYA yet (been more focussed on meeting the review deadline - I'll try and get some extensive testing in this week). I can speak for general android though. Two of of these take some tweaking from the default settings, but are playable to an acceptable degree (IMO) on most modern devices (which I would classify the OUYA as) Blast Corps has a problem in the core that results in a crash right after the Rareware logo (workaround is to load a later save-state from another emulator). All three of these will only render properly after changing the video plug-in to gles2rice and ENABLING Auto-Frameskip

Starfox 64 is the most compatible of the three. It typically runs full-speed with little to no graphics glitches. Conker's Bad Fur Day (depending on the device) has a minimal amount of lag in-game (lots of lag in the cutscenes). This can result in audio skipping that can drive you bonkers if you don't turn the volume down pretty quiet. Graphics-wise, it is quite good, with a few noticeable glitches here and there. There is one major glitch where the pitchfork vanishes and you can't continue. To get past this, you must do an in-game save, switch the R4300 emulator setting to "Cached Interpreter", restart the game, get past this section, save, switch the R4300 emulator back to "Dynarec", and restart again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskybigmusky View Post
    Will this really Happen? It remains to be seen....I'm all I though, that's for sure!
    Even if I don't end up staying in the OUYA Store, the app has always been available to download for free from my website (doesn't take anything special to side-load it). It's can also be acquired through many other sources around the internet, including f-droid, SlideMe, Opera apps, and Google Play. It is definitely not going anywhere, and the OUYA optimizations are built right in (f-droid version being the exception), so you don't need to get the app from some special place to make full use of it on the OUYA.

Quote Originally Posted by John Paine View Post
    1) Do you have a lists of supported/broken/untested ROMs?
    2) Are you working by yourself?
    3) Will you be charging for this?
    4) If you do charge will that lead to more testing and faster fixes?
    1) This is highly subjective to the device, so the short answer is no, but I'll try to get together a good list for the OUYA this week. This is something the community will help put together once the OUYA goes live. Lets me spend more time programming and less time testing

2) For the OUYA port, currently yes. I am the only one on the team who has an OUYA dev console. I pre-ordered normal OUYAs for the rest of the team, back when they were slated to ship in April, so they should hopefully be getting them soon. That said, there is a lot more to the app than the OUYA interface. The rest of the team has had their hands full of many other components that are general to Android or to Mupen64Plus itself (we are synchronizing closely with the up-stream devs to ensure updates to the PC version make their way back to the Android version instantaneously)

3) No the app is free. I'm planning to use the ODK interface to add an in-app donation feature at some point, though. Donating won't unlock any special content or whatever. It just helps to maintain development costs (things like Transifex account, hosting service for support forum and crash reports service, purchasing equipment, etc). Currently I am channelling all donations toward improving the video situation (graphics glitches being one of the three main areas needing improvement). The first investment is going toward a port of glide64 to GLES2 (glide64 being the gold standard of video plug-ins). Then I'm hoping to pay a developer or two with professional GLES2 experience to help work out some of the graphics problems and speed issues with the video plug-ins.

4) Long story short, yes donations do help to speed development along. For example, I without the Kickstarter campaign, I wouldn't have even been able to start on the OUYA port for at least another month - now it is going to be available from day one. The project is not going to come to a grinding halt without donations, though. We are all enjoying working on the project. Developers come, help out a bit, maybe stick around or maybe not, then new faces show up. It's a hobby, not a living.

Just to let everyone know, version 2.1.2 will be the version published on the OUYA Store until the next firmware/ ODK update is released. The reason for this is because there was some issue with a firmware/ ODK mismatch on the tester's machine. Since I know this particular build works on that new firmware, I won't be updating the app until I can test the latest updates on the new firmware myself and work out any problems. This means the published OUYA version will be two or three updates behind the published Android version for a short while (probably a couple weeks) after the OUYA goes live on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by razblade77 View Post
    zelda and goldeneye, if you can
    Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgpTe83yBV8

Sorry for the video quality. It is hard to take a good video of my TV because the surface is so reflective.

Quote Originally Posted by paulscode View Post
    Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgpTe83yBV8

Sorry for the video quality. It is hard to take a good video of my TV because the surface is so reflective.
    thanks paul, cant wait to try it

Will there be a donate version for Ouya as well?
    Or ingame donations?
    Last edited by user82; 03-24-2013 at 09:48 AM.

3) No the app is free. I'm planning to use the ODK interface to add an in-app donation feature at some point, though. Donating won't unlock any special content or whatever. It just helps to maintain development costs (things like Transifex account, hosting service for support forum and crash reports service, purchasing equipment, etc). Currently I am channelling all donations toward improving the video situation (graphics glitches being one of the three main areas needing improvement). The first investment is going toward a port of glide64 to GLES2 (glide64 being the gold standard of video plug-ins). Then I'm hoping to pay a developer or two with professional GLES2 experience to help work out some of the graphics problems and speed issues with the video plug-ins.
    This is awesome! I'm hope you get loads of support from people with this method.