Close
Advertise Here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I tried the updated version, new controls are better.

However I must report some bugs:

-Now my X360 works, but with it the Dpad cursors are not active. Can't use inventary items

-During the game (with both X360 and OUYA pad) some moments the O-U-Y-A buttons (or A-B-X-Y buttons, for X360) stops to respond.

First time I thought it was an enemy magic against me, but more probably it's a controls' bug XD

Can you verify those?
    www.virtualinn.it - A Videogames & TV Series Online Magazine

I can confirm the dead controls bug. Saving, returning to main menu, and reloading the game fixes it though. Seems to happen when interacting with objects/inventory and then entering combat.

Quote Originally Posted by rgcd View Post
    I can confirm the dead controls bug. Saving, returning to main menu, and reloading the game fixes it though. Seems to happen when interacting with objects/inventory and then entering combat.
    Thanks for the trick!
    Waiting for a proper patch, this "save-solution" is great.

Now the last problem seems to be corrected:
    In the X360 controller the d-pad is not active.

I started to play seriously the game, is VERY enjoyable. I'm doing a warrior with sword and shield, for now no spells but a bit of health regen.
    COOOOOL GAME!

Played this game from time to time on mobile... but on Ouya it's amazing! So good...

Just played the latest version, much better movement controls. Still hoping for an option to use the triggers for attacking.

One question though, how is monster generation is handled in regards to difficulty?
    It may be just plain bad luck with character generation, but on the 1st level (right after the goblin merchant) one of the first mobs I encounter is a sporeling that kills me in 2 hits.

I'd also ask for your opinion (Well, anyone's opinion) on the best initial stat distribution for a complete newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Murka View Post
    Just played the latest version, much better movement controls. Still hoping for an option to use the triggers for attacking.

One question though, how is monster generation is handled in regards to difficulty?
    It may be just plain bad luck with character generation, but on the 1st level (right after the goblin merchant) one of the first mobs I encounter is a sporeling that kills me in 2 hits.

I'd also ask for your opinion (Well, anyone's opinion) on the best initial stat distribution for a complete newbie.
    at what difficulty level?
    At normal you just start attack quickly from distance, go near, attack, escape back so it do not hit you.
    I'm killing many enemies together, moving quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander999 View Post
    I tried the updated version, new controls are better.

However I must report some bugs:

-Now my X360 works, but with it the Dpad cursors are not active. Can't use inventary items

-During the game (with both X360 and OUYA pad) some moments the O-U-Y-A buttons (or A-B-X-Y buttons, for X360) stops to respond.

First time I thought it was an enemy magic against me, but more probably it's a controls' bug XD

Can you verify those?
    Well, it really isn't a control bug, but it is something that should be improved. Basically, the game requires a target for the character to be able to attack. You can cycle through targets with the 'A' button on the OUYA controller. If you find that you cannot attack, it is likely because you are targeting something else. What the game SHOULD do is switch targets if you try to attack and the previous target is not available. This needs to be improved.

For now, you can just press 'A' and it should cycle the targets until you are targeting the creature you want to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Murka View Post

That is just bad luck. Every level in the game, and every creature species (they change if you play the game at a higher level) has a 'strongest creature'. The Sporelings are the toughest creature at the start. The tougher creatures spawn about half as often as regular creatures.

There have been some strategy discussion on my website forum. People who have played the game quite a bit tend to put all of their points into endurance since it adds to HP every level up and not retroactively. This will mean you will do less damage at the start of the game, but you will be harder to kill. This can be offset by purchasing a cheap high damage weapon at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by code_zombie View Post
    That is just bad luck. Every level in the game, and every creature species (they change if you play the game at a higher level) has a 'strongest creature'. The Sporelings are the toughest creature at the start. The tougher creatures spawn about half as often as regular creatures.

There have been some strategy discussion on my website forum. People who have played the game quite a bit tend to put all of their points into endurance since it adds to HP every level up and not retroactively. This will mean you will do less damage at the start of the game, but you will be harder to kill. This can be offset by purchasing a cheap high damage weapon at the start.
    Thanks for the information and tips! Much appreciated!

Is the PS3-Pad working?