Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Loving the lighting and reflection effects.

This would destroy flashout.

Sign me up!

The makers have said that they are aiming for an October release, sure could use it sooner but hey I'd rather wait for a quality game
    In xochitl, in cuicatl.

Quote Originally Posted by MGFanJay View Post
    Loving the lighting and reflection effects.
    Maybe we'll lose them in the Ouya conversion.
    The videos are from a pretty powerful PC.

However...think positive!
    These days I'm playing Riptide Gp 2 -sideloaded- and it moves a pretty incredible detail onscreen.
    So.... Ouya has enough strenght for games like these!
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

F-Zero meets Twisted Metal?

Good stuff. Just get it optimized with 3rd party control support and you'll have a sale

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander999 View Post
    Maybe we'll lose them in the Ouya conversion.
    The videos are from a pretty powerful PC.

However...think positive!
    These days I'm playing Riptide Gp 2 -sideloaded- and it moves a pretty incredible detail onscreen.
    So.... Ouya has enough strenght for games like these!
    True. Dead Trigger sideloaded still looks pretty meaty for Android. Other games can handle that kind of processing power.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 01-16-2014 at 10:14 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm helping develop this game. I'm mainly working on the multiplayer service for the game and handling the conversion. We used the same OpenGL ES 2.0 functionality that is exposed by the Android platform and by extension the OUYA.

The effects used are similar effects you find in the Need for Speed Android games. We have ensured to stay within a certain polygon budget and to not do anything too intensive. We may have to tone down a couple things to get it to run perfectly, but that would likely be stuff in the background scenery. The action up close should look the same.

The game runs on fairly low-end PC hardware as it is. The engine is written in C++. It should run well on the OUYA too.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Hello there guys, I am Michael and I am the main programmer for Hyperdrive. I've had the pleasure of talking to some of you in the comments section of youtube too

I've got to say it was a nice surprise finding this thread and seeing our game has already generated some interest. I'm glad you like what you've seen so far, I sure hope there are enough of us fans of the futuristic racing genre still left so this game can find a decent audience.

Now, about the release date, I mentioned something about this October on some occasion, but it's probably gonna be a couple of months later than that. We're basically just 2 guys working on it, and we want to make sure the gameplay,physics and multiplayer parts are as solid as possible, so it'll probably worth the wait. Of course a known "law" of game development is that at some point you have to draw a line somewhere, fix the remaining bugs and...ship the damn thing So the game release won't be later than January, I think I can promise that

Ok, so again, thanks for the support so far, and I'll drop by from time to time to post some new screens and videos. Right now I'm working on a "snowy/frozen" type of track which is basically a "graveyard" for old warships and submarines. So here's a screenshot from that, and I'll be back for more!

=-O I want this

What makes this game seem much cooler than Flashout HD for me is that it doesn't "try to be Wipeout", it might even be better. :O I mean the visuals are much prettier to look at, if only the gameplay/controls are solid... I might have to pick this one up.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

I haven't really commented on anything in a week or two, but this game has snagged me again. You guys seem to be doing some amazing work and being that I am a fan of the genre, this looks to be a for sure pick up for me. Looks pretty spectacular thus far.