Close
Advertise Here
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
    We are still going to release for OUYA, don't worry. It really doesn't take *much* additional effort when we already have an Android port.
    So, you're telling me that it doesn't take that much to port android games to OUYA and all the other devs are just lying and/or lazy!

Just kidding. We already knew that anyway.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

Quote Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
    Okay guys, just a small update(and thanks for all the support!):

We are still going to release for OUYA, don't worry. It really doesn't take *much* additional effort when we already have an Android port. Again, as I have said numerous times, the core team is just 2 people that have to do everything(programming, ports, level design, etc); the rest are artists we just contracted. And we both have full-time jobs, so we only work on it during our free time; I personally have moved to another country due to the financial crisis in my own(Greece), so...yeah

In short, the game *is* coming to OUYA, and it'll be done...well, when it's done. We only got 4 hands.

I will try to keep you posted on updates about new stuff(and will post footage when we got the game running properly on the console itself), but we would appreciate if this question is not raised again, I think we've been very clear that we always plan to release it for the platform.
    Best news I heard in a while!
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    This line should be echoed from the mountaintops.

Thanks for the update. People have been asking a lot in the chatbox.
    Exactly...now I feel quite a bit better as I had writen this off. See, I am way to quick to jump on that boat! YAY! Hyperdrive is still coming!

So yeah, "Please don't ask what we are doing, it's still coming." That just doesn't work whjen people want to play your game. When is it coming? Been quite a bit of time again since we asked and not sure what to say at this point. Hell, I'd be satisfied with it's coming to the Cortex Store for the Forge TV at this point if you had something to actually show with the game running on Android. Seems like this game has been coming for a really long time. Long in the tooth at this point. Anything?

Really had high hopes for this one. But with Fast Racing Neo now, my hype for this is gone.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1986 View Post
    Really had high hopes for this one. But with Fast Racing Neo now, my hype for this is gone.
    Yeah, that's awesome for you guys that own a WiiU. I don't so am still waiting for this one to release someday...hopefully...maybe.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Okay, I completely understand people getting annoyed because this is indeed taking a long time. However, as I have said numerous times, at this point I'm developing it on my own, that means whatever programming is left to do, putting together the levels, and doing the port to Android. And I'm not working full-time on it, I have a pretty demanding day job in the industry already(when I started the game I was working freelance, so I had much more flexibility time-wise). But the game *will* be out for Android and Ouya, that's definite. It will just be out...when it's out. Sorry if that has made some people give up on the game, I understand completely...but my day only has 24 hours

In the meantime, here's a new vid of a new track I'm working on(WIP), featuring a new kind of obstacle(fire traps) that I implemented recently. I plan to do more types of these obstacles.

PS. Oh, and Fast Racing Neo rocks! Really makes me wish I had a Wii U!
    Last edited by mikeman; 02-08-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Thank you so much for the update on the game and for not giving up, despite the circumstances with work etc...! The new video looks amazing and promising!
    So many games, so little time...

Yeah. Don't let some of the frustrations the community here vocalize as personal. We're just getting really accustomed to Devs bailing out on us. Instead of getting easier and easier we just get more and more damaged like a hopeless romantic.

Just make sure when you do release you click for cortex too. this game looks like it would benefit from the extra juice. Take your time and thanks for sticking around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you need to punch someone in the face go ahead. I'll turn around.