Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Super Mario War Android port to Ouya dev..

When i first got my Ouya and played Towerfall... the #1 game that came to mind that I would love to see ported to the ouya is:

Super Mario War

Super Mario War port was already done to the Andriod system by clarkdawg:
    http://code.google.com/p/supermariowar-android/

Now I contacted clarkdawg to make an Ouya port:
    Hello clarkdawg,

I just got my hands on the new Ouya and I loved playing Super Mario War for the pc and the original xbox. So, when I did a search for Super Mario War for android I came across your project. I cant tell you how excited I was to see that. That being said, I would love a port specifically for the Ouya and I would think this game would shine on it with 4 player controller support. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to port over and I was wondering if you would be interested in that?

Either way, I appreciate your work on the android port and hope you consider the Ouya port.

Thanks,
    D

He Replied:
    Ideally it should not be too difficult since the Ouya is running Android. The majority of the works is done so you'd probably just need to work out the controller inputs. The game runs in native C++ and once I got it building and running I added on-screen controls. These just send the appropriate key strokes to the native code. That's really the extent of the Android specific stuff I added.

If I had an Ouya, I'd be more than happy to help out but that's not the case. Everything I have is available on github https://github.com/0xD34D/supermariowar-android and you are free to fork it and use it anyway you want.
    Unfortunately im not talanted enough(or at all) to make the changes necessary to make the controls input to the Ouya and that why I am posting it here. He gave anyone the opportunity to port over the game to ouya and gave out the source.

Can someone please make this an Ouya game.. it would be perfect for it.

Those that want to see some video of the game in action.. check out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YVZ9ORzKd4

Thanks,
    D

Thanks meltdown.. im looking for a dev.. i dont think that thread would have worked.

Banned

I'll download and check out the source to see what I can do.

Re: Super Mario War Android port to Ouya dev..

I'd love to play this. I tried sideloading the Android version but it won't go past the title screen. Just crashes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Awesome.. thanks for looking into it Moonlight! Its an awesome game and there couldn't be a better console for it than the Ouya!

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteSJ View Post
    Awesome.. thanks for looking into it Moonlight! Its an awesome game and there couldn't be a better console for it than the Ouya!
    There I have to agree Moonlight is awesome

Re: Super Mario War Android port to Ouya dev..

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Your the best :thumbup::thumbup:

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

ha I remember playing this back on the xbox1 or was it the dreamcast? this would be sweet!

Already ported to android and controller like controls... This should be an easy one. If Moonlight runs in to trouble I can probably port this, no problem. I'm currently still porting another game, though. Anyway, let me know if, for whatever reason, you can't finish the project, Moonlight.