Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 198 1231151101 ... LastLast

Nostalgia - Zamastyle

Nostalgia is live in the Ouya Discover Store!

Queue Nostalgia to download to your Ouya!!

Nostalgia costs $1 to unlock the full app. It will always cost $1 so don't worry about shifty prices and shady micro-transaction tactics. $1 and you have everything Nostalgia has to offer now and in all future updates.

Please review the help/FAQ page here for info on compatible emulators and other information:
    Change log for Nostalgia v2.4.1
    • Updated app to fetch data from Nostalgia servers instead of the web
    • Significant speedup on fetching process
    • Added app version to splash screen
    • Fixed crash when scrolling through game lists
    • App icons and banners are pulled from the apps instead of the web
    • App banners can be overridden by adding a .png with the app name to the nostalgia directory
    • Misc small mods and fixes

Change log for Nostalgia v2.4
    • Stability Stability Stability (hopefully)
    • Reduced menu lag and draw time
    • Rewrote main fetcher for accuracy and speed
    • Rewrote interactive fetch backend
    • Wrote systems independent objects
    • Wrote menus as an independent object
    • Threading and loading screens added to fix timeouts
    • Fixed deadlock on file writes
    • Added "all systems" fetch options
    • Fixed button press timeout issue
    • Added favorite flag
    • Added completed flag
    • Added new sort options
    • Changed summary font
    • Re-wrote stacking and sorting backend
    • Added supergnes (ouya version is broken atm)
    • Misc updates and fixes

Change log for Nostalgia v2.3
    • Added Lynx
    • Added Wonderswan and Wonderswan Color
    • Added new cover source
    • Updated main fetcher for accuracy
    • Added titles to games with no cover
    • Updated Reicast intent
    • Added cover overlay in prep for customization
    • Bug fix for odd stacking after interactive fetch
    • Bug fix for crash when deleting system caches
    • Misc bug fixes

Change log for Nostalgia v2.2
    *****UPDATE*****
    • Fixed bug affected roms in internal storage
    • Fixed bug allowing menu options that shouldn't be accessible from search results
    • Added a lock to prevent unwanted changes from other users
    • Added loading bar in splash screen for users with slow internet connections
    •Support for most Retroarch emulators
    •Support for Reicast (Dreamcast emulator)
    •Support for Drastic (DS emulator)
    •Support for PPSSPP (PSP emulator)
    •Added a new game specific options menu
    •Added a new filtering mechanism. Now you can ignore and restore files by extension
    •Updated the interactive fetch to give users more control over which game is selected
    •Added option to ignore extensions before a fetch
    •Added delete cover option to the delete options
    •Re-Ordered the options left in the Y-Menu
    •Added a wait screen for newly threaded long processes. This should fix some crashes
    •Added sort options (alphabetical, missing covers last, etc)
    •Added option to hide apps in the ouya menu
    •Fixed search failures associated with numbered games
    •Added a lookup for Neo Geo and MAME games so they are searched by the real title
    •Added individual configs for each Retroarch emulator. Setting will only apply to the current emulator
    •Other miscellaneous bug fixes and small changes changes

Change log for Nostalgia v2.1
    •Support for most of the .EMU emulators
    •Larger cover art
    •Loading screen (kills some crashes)
    •Loads to first system in your system menu instead of the ouya games menu
    •Resumes same menu position when returning to nostalgia after leaving an emulator
    •The system menu is in a standard order
    •Added several rules to the fetch ignore policy
    •Interactive fetch now fetches cover art as well

Change log for Nostalgia v2.0
    • Full UI overhaul
    • New system select menu
    • New Y-menu for easy access to functions
    • Custom wallpaper selection
    • Search feature
    • Duplicate titles can be stacked
    • Delete function
    • Basic interactive fetch (will be enhanced in the future)
    • Numerous other changes, take a look
    Bugfix Fixed a code defect that would prevent people with only a few compatible emulators from opening the config menu

Change log for Nostalgia v1.6
    • Added Xbox 360 and PS3 controller compatibility (R2 and L2 work now)
    Bugfix Handling for old .DAT file problem so you don't have to delete them after upgrade (thanks to all who reported this one)
    Bugfix Fetch missing will now fetch covers properly (thanks for reporting amigajay)
    Bugfix Rewrote one of the datasource fetchers. The source changed a bunch of stuff and it stopped working properly. Since there are multiple sources, I doubt anyone noticed but its fixed now
    Bugfix Modified app to write to internal memory if your usb drive can't be written to. (I am working on an option for this to let you choose, but it didnt fit well into this update)
    Bugfix Fixed a fetching issue

Change log for Nostalgia v1.5
    • Added support for Mupen64 Plus AE
    Bugfix where a fetch would fail if mobygames didn't have the game and the last search had the same words in it
    Bugfix to get around thegamesdb.net's ddos protection they added yesterday(blocks icmp checks)
    • New background design from Xanxic
    • Titles for each system section
    • A splash screen that actually says Nostalgia
    • Manual metadata entry
    • Recursive folder search option for each system
    • Better psx image handling (if you have a cue file for a game all other files will be ignored)
    • Better fetching options
    --- Update from local metadata only (for when you make manual changes)
    --- Fetch Missing data only (for when you added new games or want to grab a new cover you uploaded to thegamesdb.com)
    --- Re-fetch everything (for when the crap hit the fan and you want to start over)
    • Ouya game descriptions are populated (Takes a minute the first time you run it but fast after that)
    • Better caching for covers to make the menus more responsive
    • Covers and metadata files are stored with the roms now
    --- The idea here is that you have your roms on a usb drive of some kind so we save some room on your ouya as well as make it easy for you to get those metadata files onto your pc for faster editing

Have you been looking for a single app to unify all of your android emulators? Wish there was a way to show all of your different games with cover art and descriptions instead of just titles? Nostalgia is your answer. Nostalgia is a user interface compatible with many android emulators (check the list further down). You install the emulators and then use Nostalgia's configuration menu to set the emulator to use and the rom directory AND go out and fetch the best shot at the cover art and descriptions for the games. Once those steps are done you will have a fancy new menu for each of your emulated systems with cover art and all.

The fastest way to contact me for bug fixes and suggestions is the development inbox at zamastyle.development@gmail.com

Amigajay put together a video showing Nostalgia and emulators running on Ouya. Take a look:

Stacked duplicate games:

Search feature:

Last edited by dra6onfire; 12-29-2014 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Updated to Nostalgia 2.4.1

Downloaded and liked

Great app, downloaded, purchased, and loving it!

Nice app!
    A couple of suggestions for the next release;

When you press R2 to move to the next system, maybe have the system name at the top of the screen or right panel, currently there's nothing to say what system you are on, esp as the servers are down and won't dl box art.

Option to remove an app from the start menu list of apps, not delete but remove from list.

Will buy when Roberts emus get updated to support the system, good start though.

It says everything worked fine after getting the content and covers but still shows the default PS1 image on all my games
    Is the database down?

Quote Originally Posted by Stage View Post
    It says everything worked fine after getting the content and covers but still shows the default PS1 image on all my games
    Is the database down?
    Yes, as of a few hours ago the database is still down. Poor timing, but they were hacked last week and have been slow ever since. I know the dev has been looking for alternative ways, but for now the secondary source is only for meta data without box art.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Reilloc View Post
    Yes, as of a few hours ago the database is still down. Poor timing, but they were hacked last week and have been slow ever since. I know the dev has been looking for alternative ways, but for now the secondary source is only for meta data without box art.
    That's why I asked for the option to add data/art manually, I know it can be a bit of fuss but on the other hand it'll eliminate the need to depend solely on external databases.

am I understanding correctly, can this be likened to an alternative launcher?

It is kind of like a launcher but its primary purpose is to directly launch a chosen game in a specific emulator so that all of your games can be launched from one place.

On the subject of the game cover database being down, it is incredibly unfortunate that it happened on launch day but it should be back. I intend to both add a new datasource and allow for murkas preference of setting up metadata manually after I am finished moving in a few weeks.

Technically I believe you CAN put meta data in yourself, but you'd have to do it through a file explorer or while hooked up to the computer, but I wouldn't know how to go about it personally. I'm sure it would just take a bit of looking around. However, I'm sure there's also a chance of you corrupting the data at the same time. might be worth waiting since Dra6on said he'll implement it in an update.