Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 284
  1. #11


    Skype

    Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    Here's the current things I have for the thread.

    - Skype - Works Perfectly.
    Hmm, you mention that Skype works perfectly but I can't find a post of anybody getting a mic/webcam actually working. Could you please provide the source link that explains how to get it working perfectly?

    I installed it and can login and I'm sure I can chat and make a call, but communicating with the callee seems to be the main issue due to Ouya not supporting hardware to communicate (usb webcam/mic, usb headset, bluetooth headset).

    Thanks!

  2. #12
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ❤Your Heart❤
    Posts
    11,214


    Quote Originally Posted by cobot View Post
    Hmm, you mention that Skype works perfectly but I can't find a post of anybody getting a mic/webcam actually working. Could you please provide the source link that explains how to get it working perfectly?

    I installed it and can login and I'm sure I can chat and make a call, but communicating with the callee seems to be the main issue due to Ouya not supporting hardware to communicate (usb webcam/mic, usb headset, bluetooth headset).

    Thanks!
    I must stress that I've barely been able to work on this thread since its creation, and will do some things when I get home from work. This doesn't answer your question and I'm sorry about that, but testing makes perfect. So if you're willing to do the leg work and see for yourself and maybe get it 100% working. I'll gladly edit my list and add yours in its place
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS_Dee View Post
    Skype sort of works, I just need to get a webcam and mic. I was able to make a video call from my Note to the ouya and saw camera footage from the Note on the tv screen.


  3. #13
    Super Moderator Starfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,737


    Google Drive - (Cloud storage.) - Partially working. Login, accessed through Google Play, is needed.
    Last edited by Starfighter; 07-18-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

  4. #14


    Re: List Of Side Loaded Games & Applications Replacement *Not Finished*

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Google Drive - (Cloud storage.) - Not working because login to Googles services is currently not possible.
    It's possible if you install google play...

    Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Starfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,737


    Quote Originally Posted by Aurélien Dispenza View Post
    It's possible if you install google play...

    Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta
    But having Google Play installed is a temporary thing, isn't it? I heard people say it would probably be removed with the next Ouya update. But that is speculation at best so maybe we should change it to "partially working"?
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

  6. #16
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ❤Your Heart❤
    Posts
    11,214


    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    But having Google Play installed is a temporary thing, isn't it? I heard people say it would probably be removed with the next Ouya update. But that is speculation at best so maybe we should change it to "partially working"?
    Actually, the update doesn't effect the PlayStore all that much as it can be installed once again.
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Vague View Post
    So far so good. Root was like 5 seconds to gain again through ADB. Then a repush of the SU binaries. Then updating Super User access. After that root setup was established again and I edited vold.fstab again and rebooted, all symbolic links regained access to the USB drive mounted as sdcard1. Made sure Busybox was good. Now in the process of fixing the damage to the Google Play Store and hope that it still loads once fixed. Yay Dropbox. I have the Play Store fix saved.

    Edit: Okay...well I guess I worried about nothing. Everything is fixed and working perfectly again. I think I will try to script this for an ADB connection and it should be able to one shot change everything back the way I have it after updates. All those tutorials out there that complicate things...it really only takes a few minutes to implement all this crap.


  7. #17


    9 Innings Pro 2013 runs acceptably with touchpad - only support.
    Playon app runs until a movie / tv show is selected. Video does not play. (note: website works perfectly and you can watch via the browser or Dolphin)
    Modern Combat 3 crashes to desktop, even when downloaded directly from Google Play to the Ouya. Edit might have to revisit. Dark Meadow did same, but a console restart fixed it.
    Arcane Legends runs surprisingly well with touchpad, but can see it getting cumbersome as the game progresses.
    Plague Inc. runs acceptably with touchpad - only support.
    Dark Meadow runs well with a mouse.
    Last edited by Mark Wilson; 07-19-2013 at 06:09 AM.

  8. #18


    Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    I must stress that I've barely been able to work on this thread since its creation, and will do some things when I get home from work. This doesn't answer your question and I'm sorry about that, but testing makes perfect. So if you're willing to do the leg work and see for yourself and maybe get it 100% working. I'll gladly edit my list and add yours in its place
    No problem! From what I've read on multiple threads, nobody seems to be able to actually talk during a call but I'll do some more testing on my own in the next few weeks.

    On a side note, I was able to get 8Tracks working okay (chose a playlist and played a song and it worked) and the Chive app works (though I couldn't scroll down the first page of photo albums without using the Page Down key on the keyboard).

    As mentioned by others, I got Google Music to work great but for some reason I can't sign in to Youtube as it asks for Google Play Services (which is there). When I click Sign In it shows me my account name and I choose it and then it gives me the error

  9. #19
    OUYA Developer XanXic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    432


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wilson View Post
    9 Innings Pro 2013 runs acceptably with touchpad - only support.
    Playon app runs until a movie / tv show is selected. Video does not play. (note: website works perfectly and you can watch via the browser or Dolphin)
    Modern Combat 3 crashes to desktop, even when downloaded directly from Google Play to the Ouya. Edit might have to revisit. Dark Meadow did same, but a console restart fixed it.
    Arcane Legends runs surprisingly well with touchpad, but can see it getting cumbersome as the game progresses.
    Plague Inc. runs acceptably with touchpad - only support.
    Dark Meadow runs well with a mouse.
    Some guys got Modern Combat 4 to work, idk if that's something you'd want to get going or you like prefer 3 or something lol but here
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...Others-Working
    I'm amazing, you probably just haven't realized it yet.
    ►VLC - Nostalgia

  10. #20


    Thank XanXic. I remember seeing that thread a couple of days ago and had brushed by it, as it was before I thought I could get the Play Store working. Noob question: What's a HID device?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •