Close
Advertise Here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

This is an awesome app, thanks for making it available for such a low price!

I do have a couple of requests...first is that I have a NES30 controller but it doesn't have L2 and R2 buttons so I can't use it to bring up the select console menu. Would it be possible to have an option to change what the controller buttons do?

It would also be cool to have some kind of recents/favorites menu. Sometimes I can't remember which game I was playing recently and have to search through the whole list trying to find it. Having a separate screen which showed your favorite games from any system on would be awesome too.

I'm not sure if this is possible but being able to filter by genre would be a handy feature

Thanks!

Hello - Just purchased this a few days ago - I saw many recommendations, and I am happy I listened. This definitely helps sort through potential fun, and get to the game you want. Thank you for creating this awesome app.

a little help please - I noticed that the game battletoads for nes does not show up in the games list. I have fetched multiple times, and no file extensions are hidden. the extension is .nes, and most of the other games seem to come up. (I can't tell if this is one file or many that is affected.) If I go to an emulator directly, without nostalgia, it is in the games list. Please advise how I can fix this issue? Thank you

Odd request but I have downloaded the trial apk and side loaded it on my fire tv is there any way for me to purchase this? It works great with a wired 360 controller plugged in. Alternatively, any plans on also releasing this for the fire tv as this works better than any current solution for a front end on the fire tv.

@whaleyboy
    Im getting more and more requests for alternative mappings. Im going to have to build in a button mapper and or controller identifier sooner rather than later.

@kev
    I answered your question by PM. It ran a little long but let me know if that wasnt the issue.

@nstern2
    Sorry man. Right now theres no built in way to purchase it on any other system but I will do some research on fire tv and see what it would take. Im also working on a google play version so it shouldnt be too hard to add to the work queue. Does the demo and fetching work well on fire tv?
    Nostalgia 2.5.9 is published in Discover

Quote Originally Posted by dra6onfire View Post
    @nstern2
    Sorry man. Right now theres no built in way to purchase it on any other system but I will do some research on fire tv and see what it would take. Im also working on a google play version so it shouldnt be too hard to add to the work queue. Does the demo and fetching work well on fire tv?
    Yeah everything worked pretty much as I expected it to work. Using nes.emu it launched the games and Nostalgia scraped almost everything perfectly. I did have a problem with the genesis.emu app not auto launching the game and instead just launching the main screen of the emulator, but I think that has more to do with the emulator than with Nostalgia. If you have a play store version on the way I assume that will work on the fire tv no problem as you can unoffically load the play store and the ouya store for that matter on the fire tv. let me know if you want me to test anything on my fire tv for you.

Hi. I just purchased the app the other day. It's super convenient! The one problem I'm having with it is getting the box art. After fetching each system individually a few times, and re-fetching for missing metadata, only 3 of the 100+ roms will display properly. Am I missing a step or something? Is there another way to get the box art?

It's a known problem. The sources, that Nostalgia grabs the data from, block your IP for a couple of hours. I don't know if dra6onfire found a solution to this yet.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

4 members found this post helpful.
    I have not had the chance to work on Nostalgia in over a month. Some re-org at work is taking tons more time from my day than expected but it is calming down. Hopefully soon I will be able to throw some hours at the work queue for Nostalgia. I do have some solutions for some of the metadata issues but it may not work as effectively or quickly as it did before.

Btw, thanks for answering pat
    Nostalgia 2.5.9 is published in Discover

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dra6onfire View Post
    Some re-org at work is taking tons more time from my day than expected but it is calming down.
    I'm experiencing the same thing right now, so I can totally understand.

2 members found this post helpful.
    I'd just like to thank you for your enormous effort which is immeasurably more valuable than $1. I've finally tweaked, trimmed, & renamed my library to be everything I wanted it to be, but it would be a jumbled mess without Nostalgia. Now everything is nicely displayed and at my fingertips. You have helped justify my Ouya purchase and are a prince among men.