Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

@Cebion
    Save files are already being filtered out if they end with .sav or .ss*
    What do yours that aren't being filtered end with?
    The problem with filtering roms based on extension is that there is actually no formal extensions for roms. There are general accepted extensions but most emulators will accept a gba rom even if you change the extension to .imstrangeandliketosupercustomizemyextensions
    Because of that and the fact that roms can almost always be archived, simply assuming that all gbc roms will have the .gbc extension is not effective.

Also, I tried allowing gbc and gb roms to coexist in the same directory because that was my setup as well but the metadata fetcher doesn't know what type of rom it is so I have to search two different systems for the roms and that adds even more risk that the wrong metadata will be picked up.

So far the most effective way to make sure your roms come out as correctly as possible is to require separate directories for each system. As always, I am open to suggestions if you have a better idea. keep in mind though that it is easier for an end user to drag and drop a type of rom into another directory than it will be to require renaming each rom with the expected extension.

As for the dosbox bit. If there is an emulator you would like to be supported, send me an email with the name and I will send out an email and see if they are interested in adding the required intents. It always helps if users are reaching out as well with that request so feel free to send the an email to the dev as well.

@amigajay
    all of your requests are already on the todo list for the next version. The only question is the timing for the other devs to complete the required intents. I'll post as those come up. I am almost completely moved so I should be able to get started on these changes shortly.

great but can we have more emu support and can you get fpse or espx to save settings?but great app please update

updated FAQ and Change log in first post

Here's a question: I have a few games that have been correctly identified - but they still give me the wrong covers. Can I manually change that?
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Here's a question: I have a few games that have been correctly identified - but they still give me the wrong covers. Can I manually change that?
    Yes you can manually replace the jpg files in the rom folder where your games are, though if its getting the wrong image double-check the filename with the one on gamesdb, normally solves the problem.

Hi
    I was wondering if this will ever be available for normal Andriod,not just Ouya,I would love it to work on my tablet,I have Gameshelf on there at the moment not all the emus are supported..? Your app looks alot better..
    I tried your apk on my tablet and it installs and runs but the red box comes up and i can move it with my xbox360 controller in but none of the buttons work,what are the button codes,I use usb/bt Joyskick Gold to get the controller working and i can customise it to what keys it presses..any help would be great..thanks..

@nick

Man, sorry I missed your post. Right now only Ouya is supported. I will likely port to standard android but right now I am abusing memory so a lot of devices won't play nice with it. Email me at zamastyle.development (from the first post) and I will see what we can get going for you.

I didn't get to try on other systems, but when fetching the data for the NES, it seems like number games (I.E. 720, or 1942) aren't fetched. Tried manual and still nothing. Just thought i'd let ya know.

@david
    At the moment this effect all games with only numbers in the title. It will be fixed with the new retroarch release

How do i make it so whichever emulator i go into it shows only roms that have had covers found first and then shows ones without covers or even hides the ones without covers.???

Or is this not possible...