Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Do you have a release date for the game? The demo is amazing.

Thanks!
    Hopefully sometime this year .
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

With the Statistics Screen I already started it and will now try to implement an Achievement System into the next version. Just something simple, like "Get a kill streak of 100" or so.
    That way I can present something new in the next version together with a new type of enemy in the bonus level at the end.

Maybe Ill even have small rewards when you reach certain achievements in the final game, but possible only an optional late edition. (Like soundtrack menu, enemy bios, etc.)
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Actually I wanted to focus more on the achievement system itself, but then I wanted some kind of dummy icon for an achievement medal, and well, that went overboard. Here's my first medals for copper, silver and gold of a specific achievement category. Not all the categories will have 3 steps so I'll have to see what else to do.

medals.jpg

The medals wil likely show enemies or icons from the game itself. Maybe not always fitting, but I like the idea of reusing the enemies for medals.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhellik View Post
    The medals wil likely show enemies or icons from the game itself. Maybe not always fitting, but I like the idea of reusing the enemies for medals.
    Those blades... Yes, they deserve to be medals.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Ok, created some more coins and put them into use in the new implemented Achievement System.
    There is a first draft of achievements you can get, most not too difficult. For the next updated version you will be able to get them, which will be saved between sessions, but there is no notification (like a toast) or anything. You will have to return to the main menu and check it out.
    Toasts will be implemented later.

achievementscreen.jpg

Expect a new version on Monday / Tuesday. (with a new enemy type in the bonus level)

Version 0.88 is LIVE!

Statistics have been merged with the all new achivements. Currently there are 9 achievements, nothing special, but can be a challenge. There isn't a notification in game yet when you reach the goals but it will show up in the achievements menu which ones you got.
    Also there's a new bonus level replacing the old one. This time there are creatures from the ice world (the third world) and they gonna make you run.

Have fun and leave any comments here on the achievements or anything really if you want.

Oh, also you can listen to the ice world music in the bonus level.
    Last edited by Rhellik; 08-22-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add

Great. I will try soon.

Hope everybody is enjoying the new build.
    I noticed afterwards, that the ne enemies in the bonus level give too much score which will bring the highscores out of balance, but oh well. Fixed for next time. ^^

I was thinking of implementing a suspend game feature next. In the final release, the whole game from start to finish may take 1 to 2 hours. Some people might not have time for the whole session, so with this feature you could press pause and exit to the main menu, and next time you start the game you can continue from the last level you were on. It's not a save feature as as soon as you continue the game, the suspend data is lost. That way you can finish the game in many sessions. But I dont want people save hording through the game, as it's supposed to be arcade'y.