Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You should be posting more, it gets people to notice you also. Marketing and promotion is just as much work as making the game, if not more since people need to know you exist.

Here's the enemy I'm working on right now. It's still a WIP and I'm not quite satisfied with it yet.
    The previously mentioned "V-Worm" or Dragonfly, as I call it now.
    dragonfly_01.jpg
    When modeling it, I had the idea of a sort of wasp like creature, hence the colors. But from the top-down view in the game it just doesn't look quite right. So I'll probably go back to a dragonfly'ish design, making the tail longer and colors more green or red.

This enemy follows you around rather slowly flying up and down from the actual "game plane". You can only hit it when it is in your shooting plane vertically. This makes it kinda annoying and hard to hit.

When near enough it will circle around you shooting slime balls. Slime ball attacks slow your weapon attack rate, so the more you are hit with slime the slower you shoot. (the weapon cooldown so to speak, not the actual missle speed)
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

I actually thought this game was finished, I didn't realise you were still working on all this new stuff. I haven't played this in ages.

I like the new V Worm, interesting look, I also like how you are going for creatures instead of just ships, really thinking outside the box.

I will revisit this one I think.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

1 members found this post helpful.
    Well the demo part is finished. But there is just so much more in the finished game. 20 enemies and 4 bosses, most of which still have to be done. I'm not really that fast I must confess, that's why I'm posting here to keep me going.

The new stuff won't appear in the discover store till the whole game is finished, so there won't be too many updates there.

And yes, most of the enemies in the beast world will be creatures, and some in the ice world.
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhellik View Post
    Well the demo part is finished. But there is just so much more in the finished game. 20 enemies and 4 bosses, most of which still have to be done. I'm not really that fast I must confess, that's why I'm posting here to keep me going.

The new stuff won't appear in the discover store till the whole game is finished, so there won't be too many updates there.

And yes, most of the enemies in the beast world will be creatures, and some in the ice world.
    I'm extremely slow myself, took me a year to make mine. Its tough this game dev stuff. Keep us updated I'm always around and always happy to give feedback.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

I worked on the dragonfly some more, and sure enough, it became a dragonfly!
    dragonfly_02.jpg
    Now it is much more recognisable from the top view and the wings animate like crazy.
    Doesn't really make much sense to have a giant slime shooting dragonfly bobbing up and down in space in a black hole, but who cares?

I might still improve on the model / texture later but right now I'm working on a "good-enough-for-the-first-release" basis. And my standards aren't too low, or I would be finished already.

Oh, that beneath the dragonfly is a height indicator so you know when the dragonfly is on the correct height for you to hit it.

Black Hole - Dufgames

(I hope a separate post for a separate topic is alright)
    I've been thinking about the high scores in the game and my scoring system. Currently you gain an additional score multiplier every time you kill 20 enemies. ( so X2 X3 etc..)

But you lose all the multipliers when you are hit once. This makes the gap between good players and very good players (who can dodge everything) rather wide in terms of total score. As score is the only means of getting extra lives it is very important and it might be harder for intermediate players to get a high score.

So my new idea was you lose ONE multiplayer each time you get hit and lose all if you die and maybe cap it at X10. What do you think?
    Last edited by Rhellik; 08-09-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: tupo

Here's some more enemies:
    Mines.jpg
    Big mine and little mine. Both are from the fire world.
    The big mine spawns above you and slowly makes it's way down following you very slowly. You can see where they will "land" by the height indicator.
    They are slow but very tanky and deadly. If they die or touch you they explode into multiple firebombs which linger for a few seconds doing massive damage over time. So make sure to clear of those.

The little mines are dropped by the mine layer (still to be modeled) when they are near you and circling you. They have a red blinking light and when you get to close they activate and accelerate toward you exploding in a manner of seconds or by reaching you. They dont explode into a firebomb but still pack some damage. Dont let yourself get wrapped inside a net of little mines.

So you're going through new enemy creation. Are you creating them all yourself?
    And you use Unity right?

Score multiplier is something I also will be using, seems to be a staple in space games.

Yeah, enemies is all that's still missing. I have them all planned out and scripted just need to model them.
    I had help modeling the first enemies but now I'm doing.them alone. And yes in unity.