Close
Advertise Here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Rank 5 on zRank and rank 10 on O-Rank. Best ranking yet!

Thanks all for playing.

Btw. is the game too hard? Specifically on "Easy"?
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

The game is too hard for me.
    Im playing just till Level 10 at easy mode.
    Then game over at the first boss.
    But im not good with this kind of games.
    Maybe for other players it is not too hard.

I found it rather challenging on normal, but I wouldn't say too hard. The first boss defeated me, but it was a close battle.
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

Yeah, from my data I've seen many struggle in the first world. But can'T say it it's too hard or just non twin-stick players.

I'm either going to make "easy" a LOT easier or implement another level below "casual", which is easy enough to get at least pretty far without having to be too good.
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Well, two people beat the game on easy, so it is beatable by someone other than me

I will still add a "casual" mode and tune the bosses a bit more to difficulty.
    What is it you die most from @Helmut, which part is too difficult about the first boss?

When im starting level 10 i have 4 or 5 lives, but then everything is finished very fast.
    I will try again at the weekend. Maybe i can beat the first boss next time.

Beat the game on easy. And got the under 55 minutes award too.

I usually die on normal around level 16.

On easy I thought the ice level felt a little too easy because if your missile level is up there you simply ram everything. where-as lava was harder because you had to dance around fire.

https://youtu.be/nx21eht7HxA

Something to note, I had a hard time passing level 19 due to a phantom enemy that starts off in the center of the black hole but slowly migrates off to the upper left hand corner of the map. Thankfully the game has a 'resume' feature and after two restarts of my Ouya I was finally able to kill everyone and continue.

Ouya used was a stock Ouya with no Root and a 0x104 controller with only two other Ouya controllers in the Bluetooth profile. Game was loaded onto my 64gb Corsair stick formatted to ext3. Unable to find anything of note in logcat.

This could've just been an anomaly.

- S
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog

2 members found this post helpful.
    For those of you still following and interested, Black Hole just got released on Nintendo Switch this week!
    Pick up the enhanced version and more fluidly playing version in 1080p on the Switch for a reasonable price.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/black-hole-switch

Congrats! \o/yeay\o/
    Hope it goes well.

Nice looking game. Enjoyable. Very much so.
    Still reckon it could do with a turret or some kind of visible phaser point, though. I’m all for logic and "reality" within the world's own universe, in videogames!
    Last edited by Jayenkai; 02-09-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Another successful OUYA graduate!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."