Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

Black Hole - Dufgames

Black Hole is an arcade dual-stick space shooter, inspired by games like Crimsonland and Super Stardust HD.

You choose one of three possible ships and fly through 4 different worlds / black holes with 10 levels each.
    The goal is to defeat all enemies in each level and not die too often.
    At the end of each world an epic boss battle awaits.

Each ship has different weapons and after every level you can choose different ways to upgrade your ship,
    spending the stardust crystals you gathered from destroyed enemies.

The four worlds are: Mechanical, Fire, Ice and Beast.

Black Hole can be found in the OUYA store under Arcade, Dual-Stick and Shooter.
    The current version there is a preview version and contains only the first 5 levels, but all three ships can be played.
    The full game will arrive later on and will feature a "pay-once-unlock-all" option for the rest of the worlds and levels.

The new version (0.89) features achievement toasts in-game, a suspend game feature (resumable once) and a new bonus level with enemies from the fire world.

In the options menu you can turn of the swirling background, if you have problems with that sort of thing or to increase preformance.

Last edited by Rhellik; 10-23-2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: updated version
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

The new version (0.82) has just now been approved!
    Adds online highscores and better controller support.
    Enjoy!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

I liked what I played a couple weeks ago, I'll check out the update
    gunhed - ouya profile
    YsWanderer - XBL profile

This week's "Feedback Friday" on Reddit is featuring 'Black Hole'.
    Please feel free to join in or post feedback to the game here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comment...tschundfranke/

The new version (0.86) has just been released!
    It features global statistics and some graphical and balancing tweaks. Also level completion and time bonus.

Although this may not seem much in the demo, a lot of work has been done in the background working on future enemies and levels.

The next update wil likely focus on the sounds.

I've been watching and waiting since the beta was first released. Lots of fun! This will be an immediate purchase for me!

Thanks.
    It might be a while until it's fully released though.
    Maybe I'll add a small bonus level (depicting a new enemy) in the next update.

Black Hole - Deutschundfranke

New update (0.87) has been released beginning of this week. Mostly just added more sounds and some optimizations. Reset the high score list so you can all try to be on it again and raised the maximum number of scores to 200.
    Also added the promised bonus level at the end. Will try to show off a new finished enemy every update in the bonus level.

Don't know what else I would put in the updates though yet. ^^;

The next bonus level will feature an enemy from the ice world including the sound track for that world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rhellik; 07-05-2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: added

I decided I will be posting more regular updates on my progress with the game. They may be small, and WIPs but I'm hoping this will motivate me to finish the game quicker.
    The main things that still need to be done are modeling and texturing most of the enemies. They are already coded behaviour-wise but they are nothing to look at yet.

I'm not specifically looking for feedback, but whatever you want to write, go ahead.

H-Worm_01.jpg

This is one of the monsters in the Beast world. I call it the H-Worm. There were supposed to be one worm that moves around horizontally and one vetically. The vertically worm (or V-Worm) has been replaced with a different enemy.
    This enemy can only be damaged at the head and since it moves back and worth like a snake it's hard to hit. It follows you around and when it comes near it will get a boost of speed and try to penetrate your ship with it's pinchers. Very evil in large numbers. Gotta be fast.