Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How to Put OUYA in Recovery Mode

We need some old school War Games social engineering. I want the code to start Global Thermonuclear War.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My ouya is stuck at "U" screen. I tried alt+systemreq+i at boot up, and the screen went black for a second , then back to boot screen. I tried this many times and got the same result. What do I do?

Original Post includes more info: https://plus.google.com/118056629129...ts/MfvBtBf9ep5

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine-_-_- View Post
    I don't believe Mr. Cabrera deserves credit for something discovered May 20th http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/1380/recovery-mode, this has been discussed in the thread dealing with the need for hardware recovery. This shortcut only works if the OUYA still has a functional bootloader.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Actually you are right, however I there was no really tailored tutorial at that point so I wrote a digested step by step instruction set and proved that it worked with pictures. So seeing is believing.

Quote Originally Posted by McDoogie View Post
    My ouya is stuck at "U" screen. I tried alt+systemreq+i at boot up, and the screen went black for a second , then back to boot screen. I tried this many times and got the same result. What do I do?
    Have you tried hitting home button after U screen?
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 05-01-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

This is not working for me I do the steps it reboots and all I get is a black screen. No recovery screen at all just a black screen. I hit home button on black screen hoping that will work but nope it doesn't. Anyone know what to do ?

Always good to know you can do this. But I kind of figured that you could.

Yes! Thanks for this post. I had to put mine on recovery mode, my niece played on it and everything went off. Now, it is working fine!