Close
Advertise Here
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine-_-_- View Post
    So why did that require writing over the enter system partition? They are just inviting all of these problems from the updates.
    I don't know. Maybe you should apply for a testing/QA job at OUYA so you can point these things out to them before they go live
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Color Monkey

4 members found this post helpful.
    Thank god for James Andrew Coote and the other users in this thread that understand how stuff like this works. It's way to much of this:

Ouya: We're releasing a new console.
    People: TAKE OUR MONEY
    Ouya: It's harder than we thought getting them out.
    People: WE HATE YOU WHAT A JOKE MONEY BACK
    Ouya: We're updating your consoles.
    People: YOU ARE UPDATING THE WRONG THINGS EVERYTHING IS CRAP

My main concern is that people seem to have no patience what so ever. It's a wonder developers and the Ouya team have almost godly tolerance for this, because I would have freaked out screaming stuff like "leave me alone".

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by o MELTDOWN o View Post
    I'm sure they'll add all of those things later on. Right now they have to go by priorities. If there's something that needs some serious fixin', they're not gonna leave that alone just to add external storage support or a queue list. Everything at its time.
    ^ What this man said.

Starfighter, I think it might be time for a "Leave OUYA Alone!" campaign:

Last edited by airman; 07-02-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    Backer #276, Standard Edition + 1 Extra controller.
    5/13 - Delivered, replacement controller received 5/24
    May try to get oddball controller replaced (good analog, bad faceplate)

OUYA Firmware Update Firmware 1.0.346 Just Released

This update has made my wi-fi worse it doesn't pick it up straight away ;(

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Thank god for James Andrew Coote and the other users in this thread that understand how stuff like this works. It's way to much of this:

Ouya: We're releasing a new console.
    People: TAKE OUR MONEY
    Ouya: Thank you, we will do our best to provide you with information and updates!
    People: WOHOO GREAT!
    *one year later*
    People: SO TIME IS UP, WHERE IS OUR CONSOLE?
    People: HELLO OUYA? ANYONE THERE?
    *some months later*
    People: HEEELLLOOOOO?
    People: WE HATE YOU WHAT A JOKE MONEY BACK
    *a month later*
    Ouya: It's harder than we thought getting them out.
    that timeline was a bit wrong, I fixed it.
    ----------------------------------------
    "You ordered an OUYA a bit cheaper over Kickstarter to get an inferior beta product sooner than it will be in a better quality in the store shelves?"
    "It wasn't cheaper, since I have to do the customs myselfe it will most likely be more expensive. And I won't have it sooner, rather a lot after it hits retail stores. But it still will be a beta product."
    "...so was it worth it?"
    "totally"

After this update, I tried my usb 3.0 32gb stick and it works.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm just waiting for the external storage update just to see what people will complain about next?
    OUYA FORUM List of Working Controllers (Please Contribute!) - http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?3673-LIST-Controllers-That-Work-With-OUYA

OUYA: Astrom

My OUYA download update 1.0.346, reboot, re-download update, re-reboot, re-re-download update, re-re-reboot... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by zouzzz View Post
    My OUYA download update 1.0.346, reboot, re-download update, re-reboot, re-re-download update, re-re-reboot... ... ...
    Are you connecting the ouya by wifi or Ethernet? Being that the wifi is garbage on this thing, it could be downloading the update but getting corrupt due to the wifi (that is if you are connected by wifi)

I don't think the issue is poor wifi (this time) because I was over ethernet and got a similar thing. I downloaded it but right when it got to about 90%, it did not complete, rebooted, tried to download again. So I'm guessing it's something with their servers. I let it run and it finally updated, I'm not sure if it was only 2 downloads or 3, but it finally worked.

Of course wifi could be contributing, but honestly I haven't had a single problem with Wifi since the day 1 update.