Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Watching movies on OUYA

How am I able to watch movies that are stored on a USB device? Are there file format requirements as well? Iv tried to look on the forum for an answer but to no prevail.

Thank you.

Sideload XMBC (a media streaming app) onto your Ouya. So far I haven't had a single file format it wouldn't play.

Plex is available on the store, I haven't tried the OUYA app, but the stock android one it's really good
    I don't really know what to write here...

plex is available in store, though you'd be streaming it from your pc, not the usb stick

Short of using PLEX, you'd have to sideload a video player, which is rather easy to do. But if you have access to a computer, just go with PLEX, it streams it from your computer (that has to be on) right to your OUYA, so no need to have them on the USB stick.

Ouya should have included the default Android movie player MoviePlayer.apk. As it is I haven't gotten the browser to even play flash videos.
    Can't Wait 4: Dungeon Lord by Bovine Software. Order & Chaos Online name: Wicket and Larus

Download and install latest frodo version of XBMC. Get "Mash Up", "ICe Films", "1channel" and "Free Cable" video add on's.
    Streams all DVD movie content great and most HD content also.
    Last edited by czoom; 07-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.

I am extremely new to XBMC so I dont know how to do anything on it. I did a sideload of the latest Frodo version but I think I messed up somewhere with the add-ons. Is there a way to delete sideloaded apps so I can reinstall XBMC with factory settings?

Also how would I navigate to movies on a USB once I have XBMC up and running? I will eventually do what czoom suggested, however times will arise when I dont have an internet connection and will need to watch movies stored on a USB rather than stream them.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalBCP View Post
    I am extremely new to XBMC so I dont know how to do anything on it. I did a sideload of the latest Frodo version but I think I messed up somewhere with the add-ons. Is there a way to delete sideloaded apps so I can reinstall XBMC with factory settings?

Also how would I navigate to movies on a USB once I have XBMC up and running? I will eventually do what czoom suggested, however times will arise when I dont have an internet connection and will need to watch movies stored on a USB rather than stream them.
    You'll want the libstagefright version of XBMC so it can hardware code on the ouya. You can get it here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005

Re: Watching movies on OUYA

QQPlayer works great on Ouya. It handles just about every file format and will play movies from USB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2