Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1


    Question mame4droid reloaded - how to configure additional controllers?

    OK, I searched first but couldn't find an answer or a discussion around this. Is there a way to enable additional controllers for Mame4droid reloaded? When I have my 2 OUYA controllers enabled, they act as one. Programming the keys for player 2 will reset player 1's settings. Is it possible for the OYUA yet to have more than 1 controller?

  2. #2
    OUYA Developer jonbonazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    439


    Is this actually on the OUYA Store? Or is this sideloaded? If it is sideloaded, then it probably doesn't even have multiplayer support since it is meant for phones and tablets, which don't have more than one "controller."

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by jonbonazza View Post
    Is this actually on the OUYA Store? Or is this sideloaded? If it is sideloaded, then it probably doesn't even have multiplayer support since it is meant for phones and tablets, which don't have more than one "controller."
    The newer versions of this emulator do supports 2 player on Android.

    If I had my OUYA already I would test it. Anyways sure someone has gotten it to work or knows a way to do it.

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by jonbonazza View Post
    Is this actually on the OUYA Store? Or is this sideloaded? If it is sideloaded, then it probably doesn't even have multiplayer support since it is meant for phones and tablets, which don't have more than one "controller."
    This is not in the store yet. I sideloaded the app. The program has a configuration option to configure up to 4 players. By default when you go into the keymapping, it appears that most of the keys for player 2 and up are assigned keyboard keys. I'm sure (hopeful at least) someone will port this to the OUYA store with the proper support.

  5. #5


    Re: mame4droid reloaded - how to configure additional controllers?

    Quote Originally Posted by czoom View Post
    The newer versions of this emulator do supports 2 player on Android.

    If I had my OUYA already I would test it. Anyways sure someone has gotten it to work or knows a way to do it.
    What newer version? For Android, MAME reloaded has been the same 139 version for a year. The Apple version has had plenty of updates, but not the Android version.

    Update: Again, what new version? Answer, there ain't one.
    Last edited by rushmore; 06-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.

  6. #6


    I got 0.139 from the Google store and sideloaded it. When I point the emulator to my roms folder on my hard drive it crashes. I believe it may be because the amount of roms in that rom set, around 7000.... anyone else figure this problem out? it's Mame4droid reloaded.

  7. #7
    OUYAForum Fan Failrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New york somewhere.
    Posts
    467


    Go to options by clicking the home button. A menu will pop up and you can scroll down to options with the dpad. A menu will pop up. Scroll down to settings. Scroll dow to define keys. A menu will pop up asking you to define keys for one of 4 players. Select which player you want and map your keys.

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I got 0.139 from the Google store and sideloaded it. When I point the emulator to my roms folder on my hard drive it crashes. I believe it may be because the amount of roms in that rom set, around 7000.... anyone else figure this problem out? it's Mame4droid reloaded.
    it is working now, I set up the path with just a few roms first and got everything working and then added the rest.

  9. #9


    I really really want this officially ported to ouya so it'll be on the menu with my other emulators. Any news on that yet?

  10. #10


    Quote Originally Posted by dcninja123 View Post
    I really really want this officially ported to ouya so it'll be on the menu with my other emulators. Any news on that yet?

    Me too. I hate having it sideloaded. Email the dev ask him to port it to OUYA. I already have. Hopefully he gets to it if people keep asking hime so everyone please email him at
    seleuco.nicator@gmail.com Ask for a MAME4droid Reloaded (0.139) OUYA port everyone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •