Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chats

Kickstarter Project Update #29 & #30: The end of the beginning

Tomorrow, June 25th, OUYA will officially launch.
    And, while I can’t believe the day has come, I always knew we’d get Here.
    Here: having shipped tens of thousands of consoles to passionate backers who bet on OUYA when it was just a concept.
    Here: partnered with top retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop,Target and GAME.
    Here: in hundreds of stores across the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
    Here: with more games at launch than any other console in gaming history. And this is all just the beginning.

People said it was impossible: Taking on the big boys in an industry that chewed up the competition. The video game market was considered impenetrable. It was expensive, closed, and built for three. That was just the way it was and nobody thought it could be any different. Nobody wondered how.
    But you -- and tens of thousands like you -- wanted something new. You -- the game players and the game creators -- you knew that things could be different. In backing OUYA, you proved that there were people out there who wanted a change.

The path we chose hasn’t been easy. Our development process was unprecedented in its transparency. We solicited your opinions and heard your feedback on Reddit, on Twitter and in email. We brought everyone along for the ride making both our victories and our missteps public. Because -- we believe this process is what makes OUYA better.
    OUYA is built with gamers, for gamers. We do it together.
    And the games... what you game creators have done is amazing! Inventive. Different. FUN. Not the same old games by the same old folks adding +1 to the version number and slapping on a price tag of $60 or more. OUYA Devs are making it happen. From raucous couch-gaming romps like Hidden in Plain Sight and You Don’t Know Jack; oddball racing games like Rush Bros and Flashout; shouting-match PvP games like BombSquad and the “killer app” candidate TowerFall; and action-packed adventures in the forms of RPG beat-em-up ChronoBlade and soon-to-come coop, iso-shooter Killing Floor: Calamity -- you’ve delivered a game lineup that rocks.
    So, launch is upon us. And I can’t let us launch without acknowledging the role YOU played.
    THANK YOU.

You can CONTINUE to expect great things from OUYA. The OUYA team is ready. We will continue to deliver. And -- if you were one of our backers that was impacted by the complications caused by DHL (shipping service) and have yet to receive your OUYA, please know that we are working overtime to get this resolved. We will continue to push our partners to find a resolution and will work directly with you and keep you in the loop until every backer has an OUYA in-hand. Thank you for all of your patience and support.
    Thank you. Thank you from the team, and thank you from me, personally. I will be forever awed by what we have all brought to life. And this is just the beginning...
    Yours. Literally.
    Julie
    P.S. -- Be sure to keep in touch -- we’ll be sure to do the same @playouya, on Facebook, Google+, and on OUYA.tv. We might not be using this Kickstarter list often anymore, but if there’s something that’s just relevant to our Kickstarter backers we might still pop it here. Otherwise, Kickstarter you’ve done what you set out to do -- kindled something entirely new, that wouldn’t have existed without you.
    Last edited by James Andrew Coote; 06-25-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Ouya Devotee
    Chats

Kickstarter Project Update #29: The end of the beginning

While they have been more transparent than Sony or MS OUYA still wasn't transparent enough for a crowd funded device. The backers deserved better. It's nice to be playing my OUYA but I will be taking anything this bunch says with a grain of salt from here on out. It's good that they received 15M in investment funds because it would have been hard to pry another sweaty wad of cash from my hands.

Ouya Fan
    Chats
    More bull and lies from Ouya, I'm shocked. So how about you cut the crap and tell us when backers and pre-orderers who were guaranteed to have our consoles before retail launch are going to get our units?
    Last edited by T3KN0GH057; 06-25-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Language

Okay, they have done a second update (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e/posts/520113), which makes it a bit better but still they sound a bit too confident for all the things, that are still running wrong.

Edit:

Kickstarter Update #30: Gonna Fix This

Backers,

I am pissed. Some of you have not yet received your OUYA -- and, to you, I apologize. I did not promise to ship to *most* of you before we hit store shelves. I promised to ship to *all* of you. I’ve been reading your comments, and we are working to solve this.

Here is what I know:

We delivered your OUYAs to our partner in May, and since then they have been in their custody. We paid for shipping, yet the deliveries remain incomplete. We know everyone is getting their OUYA, but it is taking longer than we expected.

We are working hard to get you answers, and more importantly, to fix this. On our end, we have tripled our customer service team so we can respond as quickly as possible to your questions (though the answer may still be that it’s in transit). We are working with our partners to resolve any administrative issues related to undelivered boxes (errors in shipping addresses, customs holds, etc.). I’m told that despite our best efforts, it may take another two weeks or more for some of these units to arrive.

We will resolve this as quickly as possible. I’ve had my team working all evening to provide me with the current state of affairs and what we are doing to make it right. Ken, our Special Ops lead, can give you more detail.

- Julie

-----
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Ken Stephens, and I am the Head of Operations at OUYA.

This post is personally addressed to our early backers who have not yet received their OUYAs.

As we hit store shelves tomorrow, it is very important that I try my best to explain why your units are behind schedule from our commitment and when we anticipate delivery.

As you may be aware, we manufacture OUYA in mainland China with our fulfillment partner in Hong Kong who is responsible for the individual shipments to you all.

Over the past few months, we encountered and conquered many challenges spanning both hardware and software in order to bring the best product we could to market. We have tried to make sure that the challenges we faced did not impact our early supporters, but unfortunately we came up short.

On average, shipment processing--from fulfillment center to product delivery--runs 20 days, end to end. It takes 3 to 5 days to pick, pack and ship the units out -- and then 15 to 17 days of transit time. Therefore, if you received your tracking number with your shipping confirmation email, your unit is on its way.

I know that many of you are frustrated with the DHL tracking system. While we are working hard to get this issue rectified, I am sorry to say this is still causing problems. When you receive a tracking number, you expect it to work immediately, but sometimes these tracking numbers don’t do that. The reason for this is that when the product leaves Hong Kong, the tracking process does not initiate until it arrives for the first scan at your country’s local depot. As a result, you could have a period of up to 10 days within which the product appears in limbo. This, we all agree, is very frustrating.

Additionally, we have seen a lot of cases where the unit will be delivered to your door without the product ever getting an arrival scan. This also unfortunately happens when dealing with the local postal systems.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of those who haven’t yet received OUYA are international backers. It just takes a lot longer to ship to some countries.

All of these units HAVE left Hong Kong, and you have received your tracking email.

So, based on the date of your shipping-confirmation email, your OUYA will arrive within 15 to 17 days from that date.

Please accept my personal apology for not yet delivering on our promise.

Sincerely,

Ken
    Last edited by James Andrew Coote; 06-25-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Added kickstarter #30 update text
    Deutsche News zur OUYA immer frisch auf www.ouya-news.net

Ouya Devotee
    Chats
    I can't wait for my OUYA. The webstores show there is at least 10 if not 20 games I will enjoy. More than I expected that soon. My nephew will be in heaven too I think unless he really dislikes the controllers - he played only on touchscreen/keyboard for now.
    Try The Lost Heroes on your Android phone/tablet. Or on OUYA.

Ouya Devotee
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_BadWriter View Post
    More bull and lies from Ouya, I'm shocked. So how about you cut the crap and tell us when backers and pre-orderers who were guaranteed to have our consoles before retail launch are going to get our units?
    Watch your language Josh, i am not sure if anyone has warned you, before but this is the only one you'll get from me before it counts against you, and curb your hostility. This community is not who you're mad at, so if you want to bring a intelligent addition to the conversation in the form of a disagreement then you're welcome to do so.
    Last edited by T3KN0GH057; 06-25-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Spelling

Banned
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by T3KN0GH057 View Post
    Watch your language Josh, i am not sure if anyone has warned you, before but this is the only one you'll get from me before it counts against you, and curb your hostility. This community is not who you're mad at, so if you want to bring a intelligent addition to the conversation in the form of a disagreement then you're welcome to do so.
    I don't think Josh was aiming his anger at the community, I think he was aiming it at Ouya themselves. And I agree with him.

Ouya Devotee
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu View Post
    I don't think Josh was aiming his anger at the community, I think he was aiming it at Ouya themselves. And I agree with him.
    So do I... the final part was just to make sure that anger didn't EXTEND to the community.

Banned
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by T3KN0GH057 View Post
    So do I... the final part was just to make sure that anger didn't EXTEND to the community.
    What Josh wrote was not at all unintelligent. I believe he has every right to be angry after all of Ouya's broken promises.

Ouya Devotee
    Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu View Post
    What Josh wrote was not at all unintelligent. I believe he has every right to be angry after all of Ouya's broken promises.

Hmm I should really watch my words... apparently i'm saying more than just those that i actually type. My apologies.

However the warning issued was for swearing in the forum, which is against the rules. the request to curb his anger is because he has directed it before toward the community. I didn't tell him to turn off his anger just to curb it. If my words sounded like more than was meant then i apologize for that as well.
    Last edited by T3KN0GH057; 06-25-2013 at 10:44 AM.