Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can I delete from my downloads?

With access to a browser on the Ouya, I decided to download the Humble Bundle APK to see whether anything would work on my Ouya. It installed fine, and runs alright. But the issue now, is how do I delete the APKs I've put on there?

I've looked in the settings, and from what I can make out, I can only look at the things I've downloaded (two copies of the APK, one was on purpose, the other, an accident). While I can check the checkboxes next to each item, I have no way of deleting them, only installing them (which I've already done).

Does anyone know of an easy way to remedy this?

For those interested in the Humble Bundle ADK, I've bunged it on Dropbox for easy access on the Ouya. The link is here.
    Last edited by Starfighter; 10-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.

You need to install a file manager. With that you'll be able to navigate to the download folder and get rid of whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by fireballs View Post
    You need to install a file manager. With that you'll be able to navigate to the download folder and get rid of whatever you want.
    Ah, I was hoping there was an easier way. I guess if I'm side loading anything, I may as well side load a file manager too!

Cheers!

EDIT: While I was at it, I side-loaded Dropbox onto my Ouya, which makes ADKs much easier to move onto the Ouya from a computer. Definitely something I'd recommend.

FURTHER EDIT: Although, Astro has Dropbox integration, so it might not be entirely necessary. At the very least, the Dropbox app works much better with the Ouya controller, and saves downloading the ADKs to your Ouya.

GOTTA STOP WITH THESE EDITS: Astro-Dropbox integration doesn't seem to work on Ouya.
    Last edited by Alligatronica; 06-16-2013 at 11:47 PM.

go to setting > storage > downloads > choose desired files > use the pad/cursor and on top right corner is the delete icon !

Quote Originally Posted by aminb View Post
    go to setting > storage > downloads > choose desired files > use the pad/cursor and on top right corner is the delete icon !
    Good job, this is also correct. You still might want a file manager anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by aminb View Post
    Ah, I noticed the share icon, but my Ouya still doesn't manage to fit things onto my screen all the time, so I couldn't see that this was the case!
    Cheers!

I am having this problem aswell the only thing is when i go to setting > storage > downloads the only thing its showing me i can delete is the programs like dropbox which i dont want to delete i want to delete individual roms that i have added and exported to ouya HD.

Well I must be blind as I don't see how to move up to the trash can to delete the download files..

Every button I push does NOT get up up to the top area.

Re: How can I delete from my downloads?

Download filepwn from the discover store.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    XBMC info for newbs http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?11077-OUYA-XBMC-And-You!

How to Amazon Appstore http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8351-How-to-Amazon-AppStore

Quote Originally Posted by war59312 View Post
    Well I must be blind as I don't see how to move up to the trash can to delete the download files..

Every button I push does NOT get up up to the top area.
    That's why you use the touchpad to click on the trashcan.