Close
Advertise Here
    Ouya Devotee
    Chats

Let OUYA know we want custom ROM support

-->
    I'm keeping a track of how many requests we get relating custom firmware, and from what I'm seeing the user base is not as interested in custom firmware as you might think, which is echoed by this thread (we've shipped 60,000+ units, and less than 10 people have commented in the last month in this thread about getting access to recovery mode).

That doesn't mean that we're shooting the idea down, you need to keep in mind that in terms of priorities this is way down the list as you'd expect from any feature where it's being requested by less than one tenth of one percent of the user-base.

I'm sure @Wajeemba is familiar with CM requests that a very small minority of the user-base are very passionate about, so hopefully you can understand why we're not rushing to work on this.
    Go to this thread and let them know we want support:
    http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/1380/recovery-mode
    Last edited by vinnyusc; 06-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Chats
    I don't think a custom rom is the right thing now unless the let access to the ouya store in custom roms there is no point of doing you will end up with a game console with no game store but i will post over there any way

Virginia Beach, VA and Utuado, Puerto Rico
    Chats
    for a system that is just launched people are asking alot, people need to stop confusing mobile custom roms with ouya yes we can root and do all sorts of things but it will take time and right now i dont think the focus should be custom roms there main focus is the device and the way they deliver. if custom rom is what you want i say head to xda im sure they are working on something...patients is a virtue

Chats
    I want it but I think that's a long way off right now. There are too many things needed to get the default OS functional and bug free. I would like to be able to choose the color of the wallpaper at the very least though. I don't like that orage, purple <3.

Ouya Fan
    Chats
    Ouya has made it VERY clear that they won't even consider this as road map applicable any time in the foreseeable future.

The sad thing is they were also totally against even hearing it when we asked for a Recovery Boot or Fastboot. And now we're starting to see exactly what they were warned of. Bricked consoles from mandatory OTA updates, and no way to fix them yourself.

Ouya Fan
    Chats

Re: Let OUYA know we want custom ROM support

Quote Originally Posted by DeathStalker View Post
    Ouya has made it VERY clear that they won't even consider this as road map applicable any time in the foreseeable future.

The sad thing is they were also totally against even hearing it when we asked for a Recovery Boot or Fastboot. And now we're starting to see exactly what they were warned of. Bricked consoles from mandatory OTA updates, and no way to fix them yourself.
    That's why I wanted it. Its a load of BS that its an open console. What am I going to do, solder stuff into the board and pray it works? How is this open?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chats
    I honestly don't want custom roms. I just want a working console.