Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overclocking

Overclocking

With the console being easy to tinker with are there any plans to release improved air coolers to allow overclockers to push the boundaries further.

I have previously gone to great lengths to get the best from my PC systems - I lapped (fine sanded the top) off my q6600 and 1055T CPU's and did the same to a Gellid Tranquillo and Tuniq Tower CPU Cooler. This resulted in the chips running at around 10 degrees cooler when overclocked due to the improved heat transfer from a perfectly flat surface.

I would really like to know more about the Tegra 3 chips limits - methods to use to overclock it and also hardware tricks - adding extra fans, changing the thermal paste and modding the cooler,etc

Has anyone risked tinkering with any of this yet and if so what results have you had??

I found this link regarding a Tegra 3 equipped Nexus 7 being pushed to 2Ghz so I think that would probably be a good first target - as the Ouya is not as tightly enclosed it may go further 2.2 - 2.5ghz may be possible with improvements to the cooling.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/27/g...ocked-to-2ghz/
    Last edited by Dave Jennings; 05-30-2013 at 11:01 AM.

I also wondered this :P Yes the nexus 7 got to 2.0GHz but the HTC one can only manage 1.8 I believe

If you could make hit even 2.1ghz that would be amazing, also if you're going to give the CPU a try, try the GPU as well

you could always try this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...verclock&hl=en Tegra Overclock for Android

4.4 out of 5 starts, with 31 votes

Wow thanks macharborguy that looks perfect - when my ouya arrives I'll be trying this out.

Jack - I'll definitely not be leaving the GPU at stock lol
    Last edited by Dave Jennings; 05-30-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jennings View Post
    Wow thanks macharborguy that looks perfect - when my ouya arrives I'll be trying this out.

Jack - I'll definitely not be leaving the GPU at stock lol
    Has anyone been working on overclocking this thing? I would love to see what we can get this baby to do! I might even buy a 2nd one to try and do oil cooling on it to really squeeze every last drop of performance out of it.

Re: Overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by macharborguy View Post
    you could always try this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...verclock&hl=en Tegra Overclock for Android

4.4 out of 5 starts, with 31 votes

this app need root and if you root your ouya i think is gonna block your access to the ouya store

Quote Originally Posted by Manaurys View Post
    this app need root and if you root your ouya i think is gonna block your access to the ouya store

that "threat" by Julie Uhrman appears not to be the case, at least not just yet.

I got a reply from the app developer On Jun 9, 2013 12:36 PM, "Rohit Joshi" <dev.kingshoo@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello Manaurys
    We are aware of OUYA console but have never think about porting the app as it should work perfectly fine with the controller too. The problem is that the console is not available to purchase here yet. As soon as we get our hands on it we will try our level best to make sure that*our app*increases the usability of the console

Quote Originally Posted by Manaurys View Post
    I got a reply from the app developer On Jun 9, 2013 12:36 PM, "Rohit Joshi" <dev.kingshoo@gmhiail.com> wrote:
    Hello Manaurys
    We are aware of OUYA console but have never think about porting the app as it should work perfectly fine with the controller too. The problem is that the console is not available to purchase here yet. As soon as we get our hands on it we will try our level best to make sure that*our app*increases the usability of the console
    Nice, good job.

Yes i have email several games devs too and most of then are willing to make or port their games but they said that the ouya is not out yet and they have contacted ouya to see how the could get a dev console but nobody has reply to then