Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by user82 View Post
    Does anyone know how to use the PS3 controllers wired with USB?
    The bluetooth is always turning off, is there a way around this?
    Unfortunately not. Dunno why it does this either. Could ask OUYA to look into it I guess?
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Virginia Beach, VA and Utuado, Puerto Rico

yeap worked like a charm for me...thanks talk about saving money on controllers lol

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbgc View Post
    I used that app and was able to pair the ps3 remote, with xmbc it works nice except pause/play button does nothing also if I try to use the remote when I startup the ouya the ouya kinda freaks out and in the ouya menu the enter button doesnt do anything but advanced setting page it does. Hope there's a way to optimise it better.
    hmm, I wasn't able to pair the ps3 remote with that app

How did you do it?

...well, I managed to pair the ps3 remote according to bluetooth settings, but it doesn't communicate with Ouya at all. I sideloaded jp.ne.neko.freewing.BluetoothOnOff and I used adb to fire it off:

adb shell am start jp.ne.neko.freewing.BluetoothOnOff/.BluetoothOnOff

So now "BD Remote Control" is in the list of paired device but it doesn't work
    It works on my Xperia Play...
    Last edited by hyperlogos; 06-26-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Hello,

Deos anyone know if this method works for 3rd party PS3 controllers? I purchased a Gioteck VX-1 Bluetooth controller exclusively to use with my Ouya and cannot get it to pair for anything. I've tried the method listed above as well as the manufacturer's instructions with no luck. When I plug it in to the USB port the LED's around the home screen blink rapidly and that's it. It never pairs. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried all the easy fixes...new batteries, shut down restart, etc.

Even I have the PS3 controllers that are 3rd party make.They absolutely dont pair. They work while tethered to the USB cable, but that turns off the Bluetooth. I've tried all the methods possible but am not able to pair them via bluetooth.

thanks for this.

I have a monoprice ps3 controller and can't get that to pair either.

Anybody had success using a PS3 controller with one of the emulators (for NES, N64, etc.)?

If we use 1 Ouya + 1 PS3 we both end up as controller one, even though the PS3 says it is 1 and the Ouya is 2 (which brings a second question -- how can I make the Ouya controller 1 when also using a PS3 controller?)

Amanda

Thanks for the guide on this. I can't seem to turn off the PS3 controller without going into the Bluetooth menu and disabling it. I tried pressing Y, then clicking "Turn off Controller 1," but it doesn't turn it off. Even when I turn off the Ouya, the PS3 controller light stays on.

Quote Originally Posted by amandaroo View Post
    Anybody had success using a PS3 controller with one of the emulators (for NES, N64, etc.)?

If we use 1 Ouya + 1 PS3 we both end up as controller one, even though the PS3 says it is 1 and the Ouya is 2 (which brings a second question -- how can I make the Ouya controller 1 when also using a PS3 controller?)

Amanda

this is the problem im having, it seems its only happening in mupen64 for me. it works as 2 seperate controllers on everything else i've tried, including proper ouya games like you dont know jack. so i dont know whats going on but its annoying as i wanted to play 2P mario kart 64.