Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDonovan View Post
    What would also be interesting is to pair the PS3 'media' controller - the TV remote style one - for when XBMC and similar suites come to Ouya. It used to appear on the PS3 as controller 7 - I'm not sure if the Ouya will accept that!
    I tried pair it, I pressed start and enter. It shows up but asks for a pin which I cant figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbgc View Post
    I tried pair it, I pressed start and enter. It shows up but asks for a pin which I cant figure out.
    Same story for Wiimotes. I think it should be possible to get them to pair (without having to enter a pin), but unfortunately, that will be up to the individual developers to do and isn't something OUYA can easily make available for all games and for navigating the UI
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

I was hoping my PS3 controllers would be useable

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDonovan View Post
    What would also be interesting is to pair the PS3 'media' controller - the TV remote style one - for when XBMC and similar suites come to Ouya. It used to appear on the PS3 as controller 7 - I'm not sure if the Ouya will accept that!
    There is an android app called "Bluetooth Pairing" which is all in Japanese which will pair the PS3 Bluetooth remote. I have successfully paired the remote with my Xperia Play and used it to control XBMC 12.1 as downloaded vanilla from the XBMC site, custom kernel, custom rom but still gingerbread. I believe I've done it on ICS too. I left a review which explains how it works; you hold enter and play and then run the app. You select the remote from the menu and then some cryptic text appears, if you don't read Japanese that is. If you exit the app you get some more of it but it also contains clearly the words "bluetooth off". So go disable bluetooth and then re-enable it; I don't know how to accomplish this on the Ouya. But when you re-enable it, the remote is normally in the list of devices in the android settings, as paired but not active. If you then select it you can use it.

I'll try it as soon as I get my Ouya, but I'm not a prerelease customer, just a launch day preorder customer at gamestop. So if someone wants to try it sooner... hope this helps!

edit: also, I haven't tried it at all with the Wiimote. I'll give it a shot sometime.

I have got paired PS3 controller which works fine with OUYA launcher, some simple games like Gunslugs but wont with ChronoBlade or DubWars.

Any clue?

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlogos View Post
    There is an android app called "Bluetooth Pairing" which is all in Japanese which will pair the PS3 Bluetooth remote. I have successfully paired the remote with my Xperia Play and used it to control XBMC 12.1 as downloaded vanilla from the XBMC site, custom kernel, custom rom but still gingerbread. I believe I've done it on ICS too. I left a review which explains how it works; you hold enter and play and then run the app. You select the remote from the menu and then some cryptic text appears, if you don't read Japanese that is. If you exit the app you get some more of it but it also contains clearly the words "bluetooth off". So go disable bluetooth and then re-enable it; I don't know how to accomplish this on the Ouya. But when you re-enable it, the remote is normally in the list of devices in the android settings, as paired but not active. If you then select it you can use it.

I'll try it as soon as I get my Ouya, but I'm not a prerelease customer, just a launch day preorder customer at gamestop. So if someone wants to try it sooner... hope this helps!

edit: also, I haven't tried it at all with the Wiimote. I'll give it a shot sometime.
    I used that app and was able to pair the ps3 remote, with xmbc it works nice except pause/play button does nothing also if I try to use the remote when I startup the ouya the ouya kinda freaks out and in the ouya menu the enter button doesnt do anything but advanced setting page it does. Hope there's a way to optimise it better.
    Last edited by tennisbgc; 06-15-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Awesome! Thanks for the instructions. Now I can play No Brakes Valet on 2-player mode. Craziest game out on Ouya so far! What a smash hit at parties!

Thank you for the info

Does anyone know how to use the PS3 controllers wired with USB?
    The bluetooth is always turning off, is there a way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    This guide is intended to guide you through the steps needed to connect your Playstation 3 Dual Shock Bluetooth Wireless controller to your OUYA.

It should be noted that not all OUYA games support the PS3 controller. However, it should allow you at a minimum to navigate the OUYA menu

1. Turn your OUYA on and make sure you have at least one OUYA controller paired

2. Plug your PS3 Controller into your OUYA using a mini-USB to standard USB cable

3. Hold down the home button on your PS3 controller. This should take you back to the OUYA home screen. Make sure the PS3 controller is working by using it to navigate the menus. You will also note that the OUYA controller has been disconnected and won't pair. This is because plugging in the PS3 controller on USB turns off bluetooth.

4. To solve this, first completely power down your OUYA. You can do this by either holding down the power button on the top of the console for 5 seconds (recommended) or unplugging the power cable.

5. Unplug the PS3 controller from the mini-USB wire, and unplug the same wire from the OUYA.

6. Turn the OUYA back on. When it finishes booting up, you should see the usual pairing screen appear

7. Hold down the home button on the PS3 controller as you would with a normal OUYA controller to pair it. Other OUYA controllers should now also pair
    Thank you!!! Worked like a charm once I used a proper micro USB cable. One of mine wouldn't work for some reason. Now I can use it for every OUYA game!