Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Other 'app stores' for use with ouya.

What other app stores have people found to load on Ouya?

So far I've used:

• Amazon: Easy to use/search, but a lot of the best games are "kindle tablet version only." Those titles are trimmed from searches from the app, and refuse to download when attached to an account from PC.
    • Humble Bundle: Not really a store, but a way to load the various humble bundle games on. Canabalt is all I found that uses a controller.
    • Yandex: (store.yandex.com) hard to use thanks to vertical orientation. I've had a large number of games that fail on boot from this store, and do not recommend it.

Anybody tried anything else?
    I'm especially looking for a legit store where I can load Real Racing 3.
    Last edited by Reaperman; 05-26-2013 at 03:55 PM.

http://www.aptoide.com/ seems to have gotten me where I wanted to be to give real racing 3 a shot.
    I had trouble with their app, but going through the browser seemed to work out. It's downloading the rest of itself now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperman View Post
    • Humble Bundle: Not really a store, but a way to load the various humble bundle games on. Canabalt is all I found that uses a controller.
    Super Hexagon and Another World are two that I tried that work great from Humble Bundle with the OUYA controller.

P.S. In case you were curious, you were Kickstarter backer number 5 for OUYA. Thank you for believing.

Re: Other 'app stores' for use with ouya.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperman View Post
    http://www.aptoide.com/ seems to have gotten me where I wanted to be to give real racing 3 a shot.
    I had trouble with their app, but going through the browser seemed to work out. It's downloading the rest of itself now.
    Does it work?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How about SlideMe? From a developer side they are very friendly and I think most developers publish to them too.

I'm late in the game, just got my ouya today, and I have few problems.

1st, amazon underground: The login page spin forever, and if I skip sign in, pages are all blank.
    2, humble bundle: The app ask for a captcha, but the built-in browser is not compatible, any idea?

Thank you!

Sometimes its just easier to pirate the games you own or side load the apk from another device.

Quote Originally Posted by bagster View Post
    I'm late in the game, just got my ouya today, and I have few problems.

1st, amazon underground: The login page spin forever, and if I skip sign in, pages are all blank.
    2, humble bundle: The app ask for a captcha, but the built-in browser is not compatible, any idea?

Thank you!
    1. You might be better trying to find an earlier version of the Amazon Appstore apk (ie. before Underground) I think that tends to work better.
    2. Are you trying to download the apk from the website? There shouldn't be a captcha in the actual app?

I'll check my stash of apps later, hopefully I have both of these for you!

Edit:
    Amazon appstore: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0W...w?usp=drivesdk
    Humble Bundle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0W...w?usp=drivesdk

Try those and see if you have any joy!
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

I always downloaded the humble bundle titles from the email page. Sometimes I downloaded them in advance on a PC and put them on dropbox or a flash drive.

The humble bundle app installed just fine on my Forge from the website. But you could always DL the APK and sideload it to install the games. I recommend using a mouse to navigate the HB App.

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    I recommend using a mouse to navigate the HB App.
    ^This. But the ouya touchpad is the next best thing
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...