Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OUYA in GAME

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alsutton View Post
    If anyone else wants to demo their games in their local GAME store you might find they're a bit more knowledgable about the OUYA this week and may be more receptive to the idea
    That's good news, but too bad GAME is not here in the states. I hate GameStop and all that they do to innocent gamers. I usually go to GameCo. (remember those guys), and they treat me well.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzle View Post
    Sucks that that kind of thing doesn't happen in the US anymore - GameStop, our only remaining gaming store franchise, is just too corporate to allow a developer to be in their store showing cool stuff off, at least not without giving them a bunch of money for the priveledge. And local game stores just don't get enough loyal support to get people interested in coming to such an event. I could see it happening at a collectible card store, but that's a different audience.
    You're right. Unless they're making money they never seem interested. I'm not a dev, nor have I even got my backer Ouya yet, but when I do I could try to bull my way into making them let me demo it at our local GameStop. Too bad I live in the middle of nowhere, haha!

Wow that's a cool idea! Maybe you can post a video from the event when it's done

One game I saw in a video was "Ice Rage", I think you could show that also, because it looked quite nice and it's multiplayer. (But I think it's a phone port, maybe don't show too many phone ports )

Cool!

Any chance you can show RED? We'll try to have the two player mode available by then.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I'll be downloading a bunch of games onto my OUYA beforehand, but will have internet as well, so probably people can play whatever they want.

I don't know with GameStop and other retailers, but I certainly know with GAME, that everyone I've spoken to so far seems really up for it. I've said this to a number of game developers, but it probably is worth just going to your local branch and introducing yourself and what you're proposing. At worst, they say they're not interested. But it's pretty obvious those retailers need to adapt or die, and Gamestop have admitted as much in various things they've put out. OUYA and game developers have a solution to making physical retail relevant in an era of digital downloads. Just a case of pitching it and working out the details
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

1 members found this post helpful.
    Here are the photos!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1f15c63b99

People responded particularly well to the local multiplayer games:

@JamesACoote

Wow, it's weird but right now I totally got the impression that OUYA exist. Weird, but did anybody else get this feeling?

Not so much this time, but a lot of people have done a double take when they've seen the OUYA at events or demo's I've done in the past, and been like "holy ****, is that an OUYA?!"
    @JamesACoote

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    Not so much this time, but a lot of people have done a double take when they've seen the OUYA at events or demo's I've done in the past, and been like "holy ****, is that an OUYA?!"
    Thanks to your post, I went to Nebraska Furniture Mart to see if they had anything OUYA related. Sadly nothing yet, but when I spoke to the General Manager; he said that they are going to order a few units to their stock to see what the demand is. I further asked him if it would be a permanent item in their store and he said "If it does well. we'll see".

Guess if it does well, NFM will stock it. At least mine will

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I really need to stop in to my local Gamestop to see if they know anything. I never go there unless I can't help it.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram