Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OUYA in GAME

3 members found this post helpful.

OUYA in GAME

For anyone who is interested, I'm going to be demoing the OUYA at the Northfields branch of GAME on Friday. I'll be there from about 11am onward!

There are a number of other game developers also doing in-store OUYA demo's, as well as showing off their latest creations, at various points over the next couple of months. So if you live in the UK and want to meet some of the guys making games for the OUYA in person, there should be some chances!

Meantime, here is a photo of me posing with one of the OUYA pre-order box sets in my local branch:

@JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

People need to pick better games to demo it, every time I see things like Stalagflight to show it off, fine game sure.. but games like "The Ball" are much more likely to get someones attention.

Re: OUYA in GAME

Great idea. Will the be some kind of list to say when/where these other demos will be? I'd be keen to pop along to one in the Manchester area...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

It's pretty awesome that you're building local support for Ouya. These kind of demos might work better when consoles are in-store ready to be bought too.

Reminds me a little bit of the old computer user groups that used to be around. Everybody would meet up (generally in a computer store) and show off their latest goodies.

Seems like a good idea. More devs shoud try to do this.

Why aren't you on their payroll?

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit410
    People need to pick better games to demo it, every time I see things like Stalagflight to show it off, fine game sure.. but games like "The Ball" are much more likely to get someones attention.
    Yeah, I noticed the whole trend of showing one particular game and then that's really it. Maybe they ought to work on that. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperman
    Reminds me a little bit of the old computer user groups that used to be around. Everybody would meet up (generally in a computer store) and show off their latest goodies.
    I remember those, lol. Great times, huh Reaperman?

@James Andrew Coote: Did you talk to the store employees and if you did, were they informed?

Sucks that that kind of thing doesn't happen in the US anymore - GameStop, our only remaining gaming store franchise, is just too corporate to allow a developer to be in their store showing cool stuff off, at least not without giving them a bunch of money for the priveledge. And local game stores just don't get enough loyal support to get people interested in coming to such an event. I could see it happening at a collectible card store, but that's a different audience.

If anyone else wants to demo their games in their local GAME store you might find they're a bit more knowledgable about the OUYA this week and may be more receptive to the idea
    All comments made are my personal comments and are not comments made by any company I am associated with or any other party.

[Don't spam me with support requests, you need to go through the official channels for those]

I think it's a GREAT idea.
    How can a store turn down free publicity and bringing in customers?

Mini events at GAME to promote the Ouya and games are just what we need for some positive PR. I hope all the Devs and Game employees jump on this

Who would have thought showing people your console and games was a good way to get customers? Perhaps somebody should tell Sony...