View Poll Results: Petition for official Sega Dreamcast emulator on Ouya

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Petition for Dreamcast emulator on Ouya

Hi,

I had an idea, I think it would be great if Sega released an official Dreamcast emulator for the new and upcoming console Ouya and released the games on their app store for a price. This would be great so we can play some of those great games on a modern TV console, So I figured if enough people agreed with me maby Sega may consider it.

I have created a poll...

I posted this first on the Sega forum but thought it would be better here

Hope this is the right place to post.

Administrative Forum Overseer RiotingSpectre's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmarsh632 View Post
    Hi,

I had an idea, I think it would be great if Sega released an official Dreamcast emulator for the new and upcoming console Ouya and released the games on their app store for a price. This would be great so we can play some of those great games on a modern TV console, So I figured if enough people agreed with me maby Sega may consider it.

I have created a poll...

I posted this first on the Sega forum but thought it would be better here

Hope this is the right place to post.
    No.

1. We aren't even sure if it's possible and it'll be months before we even the brightest emulator minds can get anything working to see from an experimental prospective.
    2. Why pay a one time fee for an emulator when you can charge a lot of money buy selling the game separately?
    3. We can already play them on modern televisions. You hook your Dreamcast's AV cables to your television.
    4. If High Definition is your treat then try this up-scaler or buy the HD games off Xbox Live or PSN.
    5. Who the f*** cares about OUYA?

*EDIT* This goes in General Gaming.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 06-20-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Language
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn. Become a OUYAForum Supporter and gain cool perks all for just $0.99!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ouya is out soon, if u dont care bout it y u on the forums? lasers keep dieing in the dreamcasts cos their too old and cant buy them anymore, not all dreamcast games are on ps and xbox, and its about the games for me not HD

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmarsh632 View Post
    Ouya is out soon, if u dont care bout it y u on the forums? lasers keep dieing in the dreamcasts cos their too old and cant buy them anymore, not all dreamcast games are on ps and xbox, and its about the games for me not HD
    It's called putting oneself in another's shoes. To a big company like SEGA with the "idea" of an Dreamcast emulator is so ridiculous it's heinous. That Y I R On Foreum. Estarland has Dreamcast repairs. Now it works because it's fixed AND you get to play your games.

Enjoy.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn. Become a OUYAForum Supporter and gain cool perks all for just $0.99!

Could be interesting... I have a lot of DC games, curiosity to see if they can be copied and can run XD
    I think Ouya isn't enough strong for that.
    www.virtualinn.it - A Videogames & TV Series Online Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander999 View Post
    Could be interesting... I have a lot of DC games, curiosity to see if they can be copied and can run XD
    I think Ouya isn't enough strong for that.
    It should be plenty strong, power-wise it's about on par with the Wii.

Considering there isn't even really a solid dreamcast emulator for PC (They are all pretty buggy and most are no longer being developed), I doub't that we will be seeing one on OUYA any time soon... It's unfortunate, but that's why I still keep my dreamcasts plugged into TVs throughout the house. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Masaaki View Post
    It should be plenty strong, power-wise it's about on par with the Wii.
    Um... what? Might be close to at the very best but I don't think it's on par.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    Um... what? Might be close to at the very best but I don't think it's on par.
    I specifically remember posting a link to a review of a Tegra3 optimized version of a Wii game that said it actually looked better than the original. So depending on how you define "powerful" OUYA should be more powerful than a Wii. But I don't know how useful programmable shaders are for running an emulator so that particular type of "power" might not be relevant. But either way, Tegra3 can do PSX generation, can't do PS2 generation. So DC, being somewhere in between, would be a crapshoot at best.

Quote Originally Posted by JCPRuckus View Post
    I specifically remember posting a link to a review of a Tegra3 optimized version of a Wii game that said it actually looked better than the original. So depending on how you define "powerful" OUYA should be more powerful than a Wii. But I don't know how useful programmable shaders are for running an emulator so that particular type of "power" might not be relevant. But either way, Tegra3 can do PSX generation, can't do PS2 generation. So DC, being somewhere in between, would be a crapshoot at best.
    I see. This sounds interesting and is worth investigation once I get free time.