Close
Advertise Here
    Chats

Still no Ouya...

I still have no Ouya in order to do any reviews, buuuuuut it shipped, yippee!! In the meantime, I have a short list of games that I plan on reviewing as well as one emulator. Here's what has piqued my interest thus far:

Games:
    • Visorman (I saw some news on this one from the developer, that they are lacking funding and this one may not be 100% completed)
    • The New Housemate
    • Ripolés' Nightmare
    • Kinito Ninja

Emulator:

nds4droid

I also apologize for not posting yesterday as I had previously said I would. Things have been a tad crazy with finals week/graduation/home renovations all piling up during this week. I hope that my next post will be far more interesting (and actually be a review!) and as I said before, please let me know anything for which you'd like to see a review.

I may as well get in the habit now :P

TL;DR I haven't gotten my Ouya so here is what I plan on reviewing (see bullets), next month should be a review! Also: would you prefer for TL;DR to be its own separate post?

Chats
    Congrats, Okulya! I'm not impressed with the nds4droid on the OUYA. So far, the games I've played have been excruciatingly slow. If it just shipped, you'll have to wait at least two more weeks.
    www.daddygamer365.com
    Twitter: @daddygamer

Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddygamer View Post
    Congrats, Okulya! I'm not impressed with the nds4droid on the OUYA. So far, the games I've played have been excruciatingly slow. If it just shipped, you'll have to wait at least two more weeks.
    I heard somewhere that it was just a experiment. A project just to see if android can do it. The developer is amazing and deserves props for what he's already accomplished but I must say... Can the OUYA bring use to such a tech hungry system on an emulator? That's what I want to know.

Akuyla: No. Keep it the same post my smexy friend
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats
    Thanks! I did just get mine in, too and the bf has played it and is saying everything responds very slowly and seems like a controller issue I will hopefully get to try it out for myself once the little one goes down for the night ;D I have noticed though like with the emulator that many games/apps seem to be ports, which makes me a slightly sad panda (but only slightly).

Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Akulya View Post
    Thanks! I did just get mine in, too and the bf has played it and is saying everything responds very slowly and seems like a controller issue I will hopefully get to try it out for myself once the little one goes down for the night ;D I have noticed though like with the emulator that many games/apps seem to be ports, which makes me a slightly sad panda (but only slightly).
    Oh my god, finally! I want an Akulya magazine, trading card set(with gum), and a bobble head figurine. My favorite member just got an OUYA and I must hear EVERYTHING she has to say about it. If the little one keeps away from the OUYA, call me. I'll take "care" of the bebe......
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats
    Lol the quotation marks around "care" scare me a tad bit. I did get to play a little bit tonight and was using an emulator that was pretty cool...Idr the name of it though (it wasn't the one I planned on reviewing, it's one that the fiancée had downloaded on his own). However, I didn't notice any of these lag issues that he was complaining about. I ay do an early review on this emulator, then try the other. Ugh decisions!

Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by Akulya View Post
    Lol the quotation marks around "care" scare me a tad bit. I did get to play a little bit tonight and was using an emulator that was pretty cool...Idr the name of it though (it wasn't the one I planned on reviewing, it's one that the fiancée had downloaded on his own). However, I didn't notice any of these lag issues that he was complaining about. I ay do an early review on this emulator, then try the other. Ugh decisions!
    Wait a minute, what? I thought he was your boyfriend, not your "fiancée". Did he come to his senses?
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats
    Make sure you test out Onlive too!

Chats
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    Wait a minute, what? I thought he was your boyfriend, not your "fiancée". Did he come to his senses?
    You could say that, yes.