Close
Advertise Here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbgc View Post
    If I use a file browser app like ace I can see it. so its there but andoid simply wont mount it properly or at all.
    If ACE can see your USB drive then it sounds like it is working.

The "Mount SD Card" option under Manage > System > Advanced > Storage does not work. You simply plug in your USB drive and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dUff916 View Post
    If ACE can see your USB drive then it sounds like it is working.

The "Mount SD Card" option under Manage > System > Advanced > Storage does not work. You simply plug in your USB drive and use it.
    But I cant access it using the emulators or xbmc. If I go under root/storage theres sdcard and sdcard1 and it not selectable.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbgc View Post
    But I cant access it using the emulators or xbmc. If I go under root/storage theres sdcard and sdcard1 and it not selectable.
    Your USB drive is found under Root Filesystem > USBdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by dUff916 View Post
    Your USB drive is found under Root Filesystem > USBdrive.
    Well I'm an idiot, that worked. With that being said I still cant get my ext3 drives to be mounted. Fat32 and ntfs worked

has anyone had any luck getting 2tb or + drives to work. I have a seagate 3tb formatted to ntfs, doesnt show up anywhere on the ouya

Ive tried everything in this thread and i still cant get the Ouya to read USB drives, I've tried using multiple USB drives, NTFS and FAT32. Unplugging it for >30 secs and starting it back up.
    I know the USB works i can plug a mouse in and it works and one of the USBs has a light and it turns on when i plug it in, its just not recognized. I'm using ES File Explorer and looking /usbdrive, ive also looked in /mnt/usbdrive and /storage/.

Any help would be great i want to use it as a media box but its useless if it only has just over 5GB of usable space.

No one's posted here for a week so I'm assuming either A) no ones having problems anymore or B) anyone not having problems are not longer checking the thread. Either way I'll go ahead and post my experience.

I just grabbed an unused 4GB USB Stick (assuming it's NTFS, if not I'll update this later), plugged it in to the OUYA, turned on the OUYA, opened up my file manager (I use AirDroid and manage my OUYA via my laptop), navigated to the ROOT DIRECTORY! This is the highest up you can go, go back (up) as far as possible on whatever file explorer you're using. It is sometimes just called ROOT or sometimes called SYSTEM (oddly different file managers have different terms), but either way, it's above the MNT and/or SDCard folders! Once you're here, you should see a folder simply called 'usbdrive'. That is where you find it.

It looks like a file on the system itself, it's hard to distinguish it as a separate piece (except by name). For those of you having troubles, plug in a USB keyboard/mouse. If that works then there is NOTHING WRONG with the USB port itself. Of course there is the possibility that your USB drive is not working on the OUYA (I know I had problems getting certain sticks/HD's working with the S3), but I'm guessing the problem is finding the

Another EASY way to find the USB drive is to download Snes9x EX+ from the OUYA store click Load Game, keep clicking LEFT on the controller D-PAD or analog stick until the top just says '/'. At that point, scroll down to see if there is a folder named 'usbdrive'. If and only if it is not there does it mean there is a problem.

I am currently staring at Super Mario World running off of my USB drive.

I know I'm repeating what some have said, but I thought I'd just put it out there in the newest post for those having problems.

I hope this helps people.

USB memory stick not reading

Mine was in /mnt/usbdrive/

Getting to the root did is easy just mash left on the d-pad.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Samjaza View Post
    Ive tried everything in this thread and i still cant get the Ouya to read USB drives, I've tried using multiple USB drives, NTFS and FAT32. Unplugging it for >30 secs and starting it back up.
    I know the USB works i can plug a mouse in and it works and one of the USBs has a light and it turns on when i plug it in, its just not recognized. I'm using ES File Explorer and looking /usbdrive, ive also looked in /mnt/usbdrive and /storage/.

Any help would be great i want to use it as a media box but its useless if it only has just over 5GB of usable space.
    Im having this issue : http://youtu.be/BMhsxLznp9c << i thought a video would be better. im losing the plot here, ANY help is appreciated!

incase you missed it, this is what it does :

TIA

Irv

EDIT : Oh HELLO everyone, my 1st post here as I just got my OUYA yesterday!
    Last edited by Irvysan; 06-21-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvysan View Post
    Im having this issue : http://youtu.be/BMhsxLznp9c << i thought a video would be better. im losing the plot here, ANY help is appreciated!

incase you missed it, this is what it does :

TIA

Irv

EDIT : Oh HELLO everyone, my 1st post here as I just got my OUYA yesterday!

The Ouya auto mounts USB drives so there is no need for the mound sd card option. Your drive can be found under Root filesystem/USBdrive.