Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

USB memory stick not reading

I plugged in a USB stick at the back but OUYA doesn't recognize it in the STORAGE section. I did format it as NTFS. Is this suppose to work or am I trying to do magic? Any suggestions?

The Ouya doesn't support external storage via USB yet, that's supposed to be coming sometime before the June 4 retail launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzle View Post
    The Ouya doesn't support external storage via USB yet, that's supposed to be coming sometime before the June 4 retail launch.
    that's only for if you want to transfer a store bought game to an extenal drive.

OUYA Developer
    Chats

Format to FAT 32 you should be fine then.

Chats

Right now there is no support as storage, but if you are using an emulator it works to read from the usb.

Chats

Hey Lighty... I thought I have to format it to NTFS. FAT works?

kaicer... i will try that and see if the emulator does recognize the USB.

Chats

it work for me with the snes emu, you have to navigate to the directory from the emu.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddygamer View Post
    Hey Lighty... I thought I have to format it to NTFS. FAT works?
    NTFS is a proprietary file system by Microsoft. In order for an Android system to read it, it requires an NTFS driver. I believe that a version of NTFS-3G has been compiled for Android, but I doubt it comes on OUYA out of box.

FAT will work on pretty much anything though. It has the benefit of being cross platform compatible (without any special drivers), but its downside is the 4GB file size limitation.

I'm guessing that it will also read EXT drives natively (since Android is Linux based), but I've never tried it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bagheadinc View Post
    I believe that a version of NTFS-3G has been compiled for Android, but I doubt it comes on OUYA out of box.
    There is also a kernel module called "ntfs" that allows read only.
    I think this one is much easier to integrate maybe someone on XDA-devs will do so..but you'd have to replace the kernel as root

Chats

This will be a deal breaker for me and everyone else if this system does not use usb drives. I prefer ntfs for the storage but if they break the games down into <4gb chunks then I don't care but if I have an 8gb game and the usb nor the ouya will handle it I will not be happy. mind you I don't think the ouya will even get games that large but if they do i want it on my usb so i don't hog up the whole memory of the ouya. I am sure that they will support usb sticks and HDs but they should think about the 4gb limitation of the fat32 system if they are going to allow usb support.