Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Pinball Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by fckinSLAYER View Post
    Update, just wanted to let you know I got it working.

Unchecking "Don't Keep Activities" in the developer options allowed me to log in to Swarm (i.e. it stopped crashing when the Swarm login prompted). But I still got an error saying my purchases could not be authenticated. I assumed this was because Google Play was not installed. I installed Google Play, logged in with my gmail, and it was able to authenticate my purchases and sync all my tables. Everything's working great now.
    I still find this game unplayable. Anyone who thinks this is good should install a pinball game from ZEN Studios. Marvel Pinball can be installed via Amazon Apps which allows for IAPs. The Zen Studio games use the shoulder buttons and the response difference is incredible. The tables are HD and graphics and animations are great. Unfortunately the plunger is the O button, there is a minor degree of control based on how long you hold the button before releasing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've been enjoying Zen Pinball on my Wii-U a lot. I don't really care for the Marvel themed tables but I bought all the others. But comparing Zen to Pinball Arcade is like Apples to Oranges. Zen is made up tables, many with fantasy elements, and Pinball Arcade is digital recreations of real life tables. Part of the allure is playing real tables as if you were really there in an arcade, without spending thousands of dollars and squandering precious living space inside your home. Real pinball tables do not exhibit the fast, floaty pinball physics that Zen does, although both have excellent game engines. Pinball Arcade is designed to respond like a real-life table, and they have to take friction, ball spin, etc into account. Zen is optimized for fast, energetic gameplay.

The biggest issue with Pinball Arcade on Ouya is not the game itself but the laggy stock controllers. That's why I highly recommend the PS3 controllers because the lag is virtually eliminated. However, PS3 controllers lack of a touchpad tends to break some of the "PRO" table menus.

AW: Pinball Arcade

Hej people, guess what, I sent the Pinball Arcade guys a message on facebook, and they - quickly and superfriendly, and not a stock-message - replied, saying they'll look into adding the shoulder buttons as input (which is what I proposed).
    I'd be SO impressed with Facebook if this actually leads to a change. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I love Pinball Arcade, but I started playing it on X360, then Android, then waited for it on Steam, now OUYA. I'm not going to re-buy the tables over and over and over again, so unless they can address that somehow I'll stick with the Steam edition whenever it comes out.

pinball arcade is definitely my favorite game right now. however it kind of sucks on the ouya. Often on ouya when you push the triggers the flippers don't go and that ruins the whole game. It seems to suffer from random slow downs as well, which in pinball throws timing off completely. I love pinball arcade on my android tablet and the xbox 360 and i am going to buy it right away when the pc version comes to steam later this month. the ouya version is unfortunately just not cutting it right now and needs to add support for 3rd party controllers (xbox/ps3) to eliminate the controller triggers issues. please don't let the ouya version spoil this game for you it is much better than what is on ouya.

If getting pinball arcade to play well means buying a 360 controller, then I'll buy it from Steam not OUYA.

If they make the simple change of adding the digital triggers as an option, I'll give them another chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

PS3 controllers work great and virtually eliminate the lag. Just don't try to access the Pro menu with a PS3 controller.

I guess the button should be released whenever the game levels are all ready..in this manner you get to score all the points..

Watch Hindi Movies Online
    http://storify.com/Couponsinbag/ashford-coupon-up-to-65-off-on-ashford-watches

After trying Pinball Arcade with a PS3 controller, I have to say it's probably not a lag, but really a problem of the long travel time of the trigger. The OUYA controller triggers the flipper only once you press the trigger about halfway down. The PS3 controller does it on the slightest touch.
    Either the pinball guys have to decrease the dead zone for the trigger, or they simply allow the shoulder buttons to be used. I don't think it's a bluetooth issue after all.

Quote Originally Posted by simple-smile View Post
    After trying Pinball Arcade with a PS3 controller, I have to say it's probably not a lag, but really a problem of the long travel time of the trigger. The OUYA controller triggers the flipper only once you press the trigger about halfway down. The PS3 controller does it on the slightest touch.
    Either the pinball guys have to decrease the dead zone for the trigger, or they simply allow the shoulder buttons to be used. I don't think it's a bluetooth issue after all.
    Sometimes during vigorous play, my finger occasionally slips off the shorter PS3 trigger, but there are trigger extensions you can buy to fix this. More importantly, the PS3 controller maintains a much more stable wireless connection compared to the stock Ouya controller. If you live in an apartment with a congested 2.4Ghz band, even using the PS3 controller may not be enough to eliminate problems. I had severe issues one night in my fiance's apartment, which miraculously disappeared around 10:30pm. I blame 2.4Ghz interference from other devices. In that situation, the best option is to connect the PS3 controller to the back of the Ouya through a miniUSB cable with optional USB extension cables to increase the length. That is the only option with 100% reliability. It also helps if you get one of thoes acrylic case mods for your Ouya, because acrylic does not block wireless RF transmission like the stock aluminum case does. It should improve the wireless range considerably.