Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticFlame View Post
    They had it on campus at the University I went to.
    Lucky... I'd have loved a Medieval Madness table to have been around when I was at uni, it's a classic. Shame pinball tables are so rare these days.

weird question: anybody else have this one uninstall itself on them a few days ago?

Mine came up missing on monday(?), and when I happened to mention it on another forum somebody else experienced something pretty similar. It took my high scores and achievements with it too (even though I was signed in)

Re: Pinball Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperman View Post
    weird question: anybody else have this one uninstall itself on them a few days ago?

Mine came up missing on monday(?), and when I happened to mention it on another forum somebody else experienced something pretty similar. It took my high scores and achievements with it too (even though I was signed in)
    Haven't had it disappear yet but I've noticed since the last update it has a lot of stuttering/slowdown when it brings up the score after a game.

Also disappointed that they don't support other controllers yet. You get all hopeful since you can navigate and start a game but then you try the shoulder buttons and nothing. The triggers on the OUYA controller suck for pinball. My right trigger gets stuck occasionally which makes it worse. Only game it happens with but it is played almost exclusively with the shoulder buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticFlame View Post
    Also disappointed that they don't support other controllers yet. You get all hopeful since you can navigate and start a game but then you try the shoulder buttons and nothing. The triggers on the OUYA controller suck for pinball. My right trigger gets stuck occasionally which makes it worse. Only game it happens with but it is played almost exclusively with the shoulder buttons.
    PS3 controllers work great, though I haven't tried any others. It greatly reduces what latency is left on the flippers.
    But yeah, this games stutters at odd times in the menu now.

As for the ouya controller getting stuck, the lower buttons are getting stuck behind a tab attached to the top buttons. Those tabs can be removed to eliminate that. Of course pinball arcade is the only game it seems to jam on, and it's so much better with the ps3 controller anyway.
    Last edited by Reaperman; 07-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.

We just tried out one game on this, Bride of Pinbot and Arabian Nights; they looked good, but the lag of the flippers really made game play bad.

Played this game for a while... and it's a crap phone port.

I've spent many hours playing the PS2 and Wii versions with friends, no problems, good times. Granted, both of those were ported by the now bankrupt Crave while this appears to be developed by Farsight themselves.

The essence of pinball is being able to accurately strike the ball and they have failed miserably at providing the opportunity to do so.

I don't care if you have to render internally at 640x480 and upscale to HD resolution to get 60fps... do it, pinball is a game that demands high frame rates.

Putting the flipper buttons on the damn analog triggers and not the shoulder buttons without a way to reassign them?? Did nobody test this? Extremely irritating.

Finally, the textures and sounds used are mediocre. Arabian Nights in the arcade is full of shrill sounds which, on the OUYA are very muffled and muddy. I suspect both of these issues are related to game size.

I just don't understand how a company solely focused on emulating pinball games can miss the mark by so far. What really makes me sad is that I know they have all the high quality assets (sounds, textures) and the licenses to use them.

No other company is going to re-create these games and Farsight apparently has no problem releasing this junk.

This happened to me as well last week, regrettably. Lost all my high scores and wizard goals. But at least all of my purchased tables are still there so while i had to redownload everything, I didn't have to rebuy.

I rate Pinball Arcade 5 stars! It has got me completely hooked on pinball.

Anyone still having problems with lag issues, I urge you to sync a PS3 controller if you've got one. The PS3 controllers are practically lag-free. Something with the Ouya controller is responsible for the lag issues. One caveat is that you can't access the operator's menu in pro mode without touchpad mouse emulation. You also can't toggle the "extra balls" option on the Gottlieb EM tables without the touchpad. Stupid they should fix this, since all the other menu options work flawlessly using buttons.
    Last edited by StarDust4Ever; 07-12-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Does anyone have Zen Pinball working with multiple tables?

PS3 controllers work great, though I haven't tried any others. It greatly reduces what latency is left on the flippers.
    But yeah, this games stutters at odd times in the menu now.

As for the ouya controller getting stuck, the lower buttons are getting stuck behind a tab attached to the top buttons. Those tabs can be removed to eliminate that. Of course pinball arcade is the only game it seems to jam on, and it's so much better with the ps3 controller anyway.
    Fixed. The retail controllers do not suffer from this issue.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3020351...7634293210617/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a-XEh6bEn0

Quote Originally Posted by fckinSLAYER View Post
    Does anyone have Zen Pinball working with multiple tables?
    Yeah, got it running great on my Wii-U

I don't know why they don't want to release it on Ouya. Such a pity.
    Last edited by StarDust4Ever; 07-25-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Update, just wanted to let you know I got it working.

Unchecking "Don't Keep Activities" in the developer options allowed me to log in to Swarm (i.e. it stopped crashing when the Swarm login prompted). But I still got an error saying my purchases could not be authenticated. I assumed this was because Google Play was not installed. I installed Google Play, logged in with my gmail, and it was able to authenticate my purchases and sync all my tables. Everything's working great now.