Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Pinball Arcade (& Independent Fantasy Tables) - FarSight Studios

This thread is for the discussion of Pinball Arcade. (note to developer - send me a private message if you would like to edit this thread)

Purchase the best classic pinball tables now for your OUYA!

Winner of the Best Mobile Game of 2012 by X-Play!

To celebrate the one year anniversary of the Pinball Arcade we are now offering Tales Of The Arabian Nights™ for free!

Pinball Arcade features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern Pinball®, and Gottlieb® together in one game. Every flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel has been painstakingly emulated in astonishing detail.

Cactus Canyon™, Central Park™, Dr. Dude™, Firepower™, Star Trek: The Next Generation™, Twilight Zone™, Scared Stiff™, Big Shot™, Elvira and the Party Monsters™, No Good Gofers™, Taxi™, Harley-Davidson™ Third Edition, Creature from the Black Lagoon®, Black Knight™, Monster Bash™, Gorgar™, Circus Voltaire™, Funhouse™, Medieval Madness™, The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™, Ripley's Believe It or Not®, Theatre of Magic®, and Black Hole™ are all available for purchase from within the game.

Each month, regular updates will add on classic pinball tables for purchase.

Our goal is for the Pinball Arcade to become the most realistic and comprehensive pinball game ever created. Please support us in our efforts to preserve these tables and join the indelible part of Americana that is pinball!

What reviews are saying:

“Simply one of the best pinball games I’ve ever played” – Touch Arcade
    “As close to the pinball experience as you will ever get in the palm of your hand” –Pocket Gamer
    “Pinball doesn’t get any more real or fun on mobile” –Gamezebo
    “This game is superb along with great presentation” – Inentertainment
    “an impressive title, and one that is bound to please pinball fans” -148 Apps
    “Authenticity is the name of the game here, and Farsight has absolutely nailed it” –GameLive.TV
    “quite impressive… with content this great, it doesn’t need to use the hard sell” -iLounge
    “a pinball nerd’s dream come true” –App Addict

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I tried the free Tales of Arabian Nights table. Looked and sounded fantastic, but the lag was just enough that it was incredibly hard to play.

Re: Pinball Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by doctormorbis View Post
    I tried the free Tales of Arabian Nights table. Looked and sounded fantastic, but the lag was just enough that it was incredibly hard to play.
    That's wierd, since game runs smooth with my Xoom2 ME in 720p. And that tablet is half the speed of Terga 3 in gaming.

That seems good.

Trying it again, it seems the "lag" I was experiencing is just that the flippers are being controlled with the triggers, and don't respond until about halfway down. It's just enough to make you miss a shot you normally would have made. It would make a lot more sense if you used the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers. Strangely, in the Options menu you can select "Controls" but all it does is list the controls. It doesn't let you change them.

This game is great but sometimes it get a little lag maybe is because of the console firmware, I experience lag on the menus also so this must be a firmware problem and the synchronization with the controller.

The plunger stopped firing the ball? It goes back and I release and the ball sits there. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no change.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I found the lag on this to be so bad I couldn't get near playing it. Low latency is vital for pinball games.

Well, there's been an update (as of 21 june) which seemed to get rid of the latency I noticed when I first tried the game--at least the vast majority of it, and this game has suddenly found itself being my favorite Ouya game. It's awesome. Anybody else playing it?

I picked up Medieval Madness / Bride of Pinbot and I must have spent 3+ hours on them today.

Sadly, my right analog trigger has some spring-related binding and every so often gets stuck. I really wish they'd provide the option of using the digital triggers.
    Last edited by Reaperman; 06-23-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Hmm, I'll have to see if they fixed pinball launching system. On the pull back ones you had to pull back and flip the stick forward to get them to launch. No finesse with that. I also got the Medieval Madness pack. They had it on campus at the University I went to. Now I don't need quarters.