Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I try and buy the game well get the beta for 10 dollars but it wont even let me. I press U and nothing happens. this has happen with few games.

Quote Originally Posted by captain007 View Post
    I try and buy the game well get the beta for 10 dollars but it wont even let me. I press U and nothing happens. this has happen with few games.
    I'm pretty sure its because you had a keyboard plugged in. I had the same issue. I couldnt play anything, then once I unplugged my keyboard, everything played fine. Really strange.

The game is pretty good, but isn't 10 dollars a little too much, for a technically pretty simple game?
    The game deserves, but sincerely I'm waiting for a price drop.
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

First game I bought on Ouya... don't regret it one bit... frantic, fun and a great soundtrack! Keep it up, this game is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rj Koerte View Post
    First game I bought on Ouya... don't regret it one bit... frantic, fun and a great soundtrack! Keep it up, this game is awesome!
    How many levels does it have now, $10 is a lot to me for this.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    How many levels does it have now, $10 is a lot to me for this.

From their KICKSTARTER:

"Minimum of 10 custom-built levels with amazing visuals and effects!"

But I don't know if is it still in Beta.

Dubwars has a great soundtrack, and the concept is nice... But it's not much of a game really, and is very shallow. In terms of gameplay Ballistic SE destroys Dubwars. Firstly by being a lot cheaper, secondly the engine in Ballistic feels meaty, the movement is fluid and smooth and the combat (and sounds) feels satisfying. There may also be only one looping music track, but it suits the mood and the urge to destroy everything that comes at you. Visually as well, the light show it gives off is rather impressive too.

Dubwars... It feels I'm moving a lifeless sprite around a screen, it's quick, floaty, the attacks feel like they have no grunt, the enemies don't look menacing nor are they easy to see. It is all flash, no substance... and for their asking price of $14.99 in Beta ($19.99 on all formats when it's finished) they must be having a laugh. Does appear that most of the development money went on music licenses and whoever done the backgrounds. As for anything else... it's a basic, unpolished, mechanically basic, shell of a game. I have seen first time developers with limited programming knowledge create better mechanically stronger games than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen26 View Post
    Dubwars has a great soundtrack, and the concept is nice... But it's not much of a game really, and is very shallow. In terms of gameplay Ballistic SE destroys Dubwars. Firstly by being a lot cheaper, secondly the engine in Ballistic feels meaty, the movement is fluid and smooth and the combat (and sounds) feels satisfying. There may also be only one looping music track, but it suits the mood and the urge to destroy everything that comes at you. Visually as well, the light show it gives off is rather impressive too.

Dubwars... It feels I'm moving a lifeless sprite around a screen, it's quick, floaty, the attacks feel like they have no grunt, the enemies don't look menacing nor are they easy to see. It is all flash, no substance... and for their asking price of $14.99 in Beta ($19.99 on all formats when it's finished) they must be having a laugh. Does appear that most of the development money went on music licenses and whoever done the backgrounds. As for anything else... it's a basic, unpolished, mechanically basic, shell of a game. I have seen first time developers with limited programming knowledge create better mechanically stronger games than this.
    I think some of your points are right.
    The ship haven't fire from engine, seems flat, and the enemies are "ordinaries small things".
    BUT the rythm gives freshness to the game. Playing it with the right timing is satisfying, and if you love Dubstep, you really appreciate it.
    Sure, the game could be better.
    Sure, the price is too high.
    However I see in it some qualities.

...With a price drop, I'll take it.

Just downloaded tonight, it's a brilliant game but $9.99 is a little high for me, if there is a sale ill get it then.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

I don't know if people know this but if you download the dubwars demo for pc you can play more levels than you can on the free OUYA version. You just have to put in codes that are easily found through googling.

I know the point is to play on the OUYA but it does give you an opportunity to see more of the game.