Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm a big fan of music/beat games like Audiosurf, Guitar Hero and even DDR. I've been playing this quite a bit since I got my OUYA yesterday and this is one of my favorites so far. The 'Urban Metaphor' level is the only playable level IMHO. 'Synergy' and 'Break It Up' are too difficult; you have to survive hordes of enemies before the drop and by that time, I'm usually already in the red on my health bar. It needs something to give you some time to catch up without getting killed too early on.

Aside from that, this really has some potential.

OK, just bumping this because build v1.08 is out now and it is loads better than before. I can actually play this and survive longer than 2 drops. If you enjoyed it before then you should enjoy it even more now. If for some reason you really didn't like it before (other than the music), you should give this build a chance at least.

This is a great concept for a game and I'm enjoying it even more than I did when I first played it.

*Also, they have a Kickstarter campaign going on here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...shoot?ref=live
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 10-09-2014 at 12:04 AM.

The concept sounds good on paper, but the game really isn't that good.

Not being able to control what you are going to shoot is a big no-no, and the enemy spawning is just too unbalanced to cope with whatever is your weapon at that time. Many times you are left for long times with a crap weapon or no weapon at all. The enemy design itself is incredibly simple and boring most of the time, while the game moves in a kinda of sloppy frame rate.

Remove the so original concept and the cool soundtrack, and you are left with a game that's flawed in a lot of areas.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Lima De Souza View Post

Not being able to control what you are going to shoot is a big no-no, and the enemy spawning is just too unbalanced to cope with whatever is your weapon at that time. Many times you are left for long times with a crap weapon or no weapon at all. The enemy design itself is incredibly simple and boring most of the time, while the game moves in a kinda of sloppy frame rate.

Remove the so original concept and the cool soundtrack, and you are left with a game that's flawed in a lot of areas.

I agree with all of this, but in addition, the controls were so laggy, even after the E3 update (although they do not appear to be laggy in other games) that I just could not enjoy the game. Turning takes a full second to a second-and-a-half to actually respond for me.

Quote Originally Posted by macharborguy View Post
    I agree with all of this, but in addition, the controls were so laggy, even after the E3 update (although they do not appear to be laggy in other games) that I just could not enjoy the game. Turning takes a full second to a second-and-a-half to actually respond for me.
    Do you mean a full 1500ms of lag at all times? I didn't like the game for the reasons Rafael mentions but the lag wasn't anything like a second and a half. Could you try a PS3 or other non-Ouya controller and see if that makes any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Lima De Souza View Post

It may sound ironical, but not being able to control when you are going to shoot is a HUGE PART of the concept. What you do is anticipate what weapon shoots next and how to aim to use it. Yes, there are times when it's just about outrunning the enemy instead of being able to shoot them With the previous build it was much tougher to do so. I'll admit it got frustrating trying to survive long enough on most songs in the previous version. This latest v1.08 build has made the game like 3x easier. Less damage taken, easier to evade enemies, and I think the controls are a bit more responsive.

I don't know if it's just that I have the mentality to be able to understand how the game's dynamics work or what, but the concept is being executed nicely. And the game is still being developed so they have time to improve it. What we have on the Ouya is just a concept demo while they work on the full game.

I have had this issue literally 0 times in the game. The controls have been very responsive for me, better since this update. It might be your controller honestly. If I had an HDMI capture card I would lovingly record my Ouya playing and show how this game is meant to played.

Please add PS3 controller support

Quote Originally Posted by NssOne View Post
    I have had this issue literally 0 times in the game. The controls have been very responsive for me, better since this update. It might be your controller honestly. If I had an HDMI capture card I would lovingly record my Ouya playing and show how this game is meant to played.
    I have had the same issue as macharborguy. The game is pretty much unplayable because of how bad the control input lag is for me, being over a second. In addition to taking a long time to respond to input sometimes it will just get stuck moving in one direction and can't be changed for several seconds.

I've had similar problems in almost every game I have tried, most are unplayable due to 1 - 1.5 second input lag.

The E3 update of this game made me excited for the full version. Unfortunately, I updated to the OUYA launch "Exclusive BETA" version and was surprised to see that it only had one level compared to the E3 version which had multiple levels available.

While I fully understand the marketing decision behind this, if you have the E3 version I would hold back on updating at the moment. I wish I hadn't—it's a big roll-back on content. Also, the Y-axis on the aiming has, for some reason, become inverted—I'm assuming it's a bug.

It's less content right now i'll grant you, but I assume this is due to the retail launch.

I signed up for the BETA, I can't wait to see where this game goes. Lot's of potential, loving it.

Yes, inverted axis sucks.

Movement needs to be smoother, I find it hard to wiggle between enemies. Also collision detection seems a little over zealous and hits me against things I didn't touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyzor View Post
    Please add PS3 controller support
    This has just been implemented now.

Quote Originally Posted by vviperrx View Post
    I have had the same issue as macharborguy. The game is pretty much unplayable because of how bad the control input lag is for me, being over a second. In addition to taking a long time to respond to input sometimes it will just get stuck moving in one direction and can't be changed for several seconds.

I've had similar problems in almost every game I have tried, most are unplayable due to 1 - 1.5 second input lag.
    This sounds more like controller issues than game issues, honestly. This is my gameplay video from about a week ago using stock Ouya controller.

I have no idea what to say about the control lag, just sounds more like input lag from the Ouya controller, which is a known issue people seem to have.

Also they removed the inverted axis controls. Thank GOD, that shit was lame.