Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

OUYA Says They Have Not Sent any Review Units to the Press - Yet there are reviews

I find this rather interesting. We have been seeing review on top of review pop up around the internet. We have seen them by Engadget, TheVerge, Pocket Gamer, etc. Most of these reviews reflect the fact that the OUYA does not yet represent a finished product. These reviewers made their reviews, and made the public believe that the OUYA is a finished product. However the official launch is not until June.

Gameindustry.biz, in an interesting turn of events spoke to a representative from OUYA, who said,
    "We will be making Ouya review units available in early to mid-May so that you are able to review the more complete consumer experience and prepare your coverage in time forthe June 4th retail launch. To clarify for you--Ouya has sent no review units out to press. Any reviews you have seen online are a result from individuals who received early backer units from supporting our Kickstarter."
    Now this makes you wonder if perhaps these websites jumped the gun a bit. Perhaps it will be a lot more fair to judge and review the OUYA when OUYA is ready to release the console to the press. When there are more games on the service, and when the bugs have been worked out.

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

OUYA Developer Paradigm-Softworks's Avatar
    Chats

Well, we already know that the Verge only have theirs because their editor in chief backed the Kickstarter.

Chats

Re: OUYA Says They Have Not Sent any Review Units to thress - Yet there are reviews

It's odd that so many backers who happen to work for media sites got theirs so early though...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chats

This is exactly what I've been saying. All of the reviewers got a hold of a Kickstarter console. Whether by backing directly or as in David Pierce's case by borrowing a backer's.

Quote Originally Posted by AdyCarter View Post
    It's odd that so many backers who happen to work for media sites got theirs so early though...

This could be because they heard about the Kickstarter before everyone else. Don't forget they were the ones that let the word out to the masses

Chats

Exactly, same goes for every other site that has written a review on the OUYA so far. They are reviewing a BETA product. Although the hardware is reviewable (and the hardware reviews have been quite good), the software and game reviews are inappropriate in my mind. The whole software end of things is still in BETA!

Chats

That's what I can't figure out. Other than Kotaku, all the big names have gotten their OUYA's already for to mysterious reason.
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats

I agree. Not sure why this is. Perhaps, they were bumped up?

Chats

Media got theirs because they are media; why they get phones, etc first. Its just part of being the media.

My professional career, if anybody cares lol : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-melton/3b/2ab/2b8

My gaming history: Atari 2600 > Nintendo Entertainment System > Gameboy > Super Nintendo > Gameboy Advanced and DS > Playstation > Nintendo 64 > Dreamcast > Xbox > Xbox 360 and PS3 > Ouya and Next Xbox (Both coming soon of course).

Chats

Re: OUYA Says They Have Not Sent any Renits to the Press - Yet there are reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    Which would be more or less the same thing as sending out review Units.

If you bump up media to the front of the queue do you really expect them Not to review it?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    They wouldn't do that though since OUYA is a beta product. As a business, they wouldn't harm their own company so easily. Maybe it was a inside job?
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"