Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

so, at some point during the design process, did it occur to anyone that telling people how much purchasing the full game costs when they go to checkout might be a good idea? it's nowhere to be found in game, or at checkout

Quote Originally Posted by Ender Wiggin Ksc View Post
    so, at some point during the design process, did it occur to anyone that telling people how much purchasing the full game costs when they go to checkout might be a good idea? it's nowhere to be found in game, or at checkout
    This. Not being able to see the price until you basically type in your PIN and are one button press away from purchase seems like a bad way to go. Prices should be shown up-front on the game page. It's not posted anywhere else.

Also, games that are not "final" and basically available in demo-form only should be in their own separate section.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyyk View Post
    This. Not being able to see the price until you basically type in your PIN and are one button press away from purchase seems like a bad way to go. Prices should be shown up-front on the game page. It's not posted anywhere else.

Also, games that are not "final" and basically available in demo-form only should be in their own separate section.
    Allegedly, OUYA doesnt want you seeing the price of the game because they dont want to dissuade you from even giving it a fair shot first. Take or leave that logic as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by DevGal View Post
    Allegedly, OUYA doesnt want you seeing the price of the game because they dont want to dissuade you from even giving it a fair shot first. Take or leave that logic as you wish.

that makes zero sense once i'm in game and at the purchase screen

It makes sense once you realize the multitude of purchase models.

Stalagflight is free, but you can donate as much as you want. Same with Hidden in Plain Sight (now).

What if a game is free to play with micro transactions? What if a game $1 for every level? How do they list those prices on the download page? Because the business model is so open, I'm sure developers will be coming up with even more business models that don't fit easily on a store page.

Word Shaker asks you to buy individual plays, for example.

And that Puzzle game with dogs, forgot the name, you can either buy extra steps or infinite steps for different prices.

The Walking Trail?

I love the concept of the game, I'll buy it
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

I played the demo and had a great time. It brought me back to computer time in elementary school. My brother bought this game and loved it. I will be buying soon.

This is possibly the best version of the game out there. After reading the recent gamasutra interview I found out a different team made the Ouya port. The original developer made a great game but never quite got the controls right. In the phone version it was easy to shoot when you meant to move and vice versa. The steam version doesn't seem to support gamepads. This version has full gamepad support and it feels very natural.

The trailer just sold me on the game and after reading the previous post that this was the best version of the game with solid controls I might not even try the demo first.

I have to give kudos to the sound guys on this game, great job.