Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OUYA News: OUYA Consoles Begin Shipping Today but Could take A Few Weeks for all to..

Kickstarter OUYA Consoles Begin Shipping Today but Could take 'A Few Weeks' for All to be Shipped
    By: Ed Krassenstein

March 28th is here, and if you are a Kickstarter backer of the OUYA game console, you probably have had this day marked on your calendar for several weeks now. Today is when OUYA is set to begin shipping their consoles to those who have backed them on Kickstarter.

While this is great news for those of you who have been waiting. It appears that you may just have to wait a bit longer. OUYAForum.com member, "code" has posted that he contacted OUYA's support asking if he could pick up his console directly from the company, upon its release.

"We will begin shipping this week from a remote location, so we cannot have you pick up your OUYA," explained the OUYA representative. "It will be shipped this week, and though it'll take a few weeks to ship all consoles, you will receive an email confirmation with (your) tracking number once yours is on its way."

The fact remains that there are close to 60,000 consoles that need to be shipped out. OUYA is not a large company by any means. Thus it could take a few weeks before all the consoles are shipped out. OUYA has not stated which shipping company they will be using, or how they plan to ship the consoles. Our guess is that those backers who backed it via Kickstarter first, will have their consoles shipped first (although this has not been confirmed).

Unfortunately by the sounds of things, some users will be waiting a few weeks before they can start playing Android based games on their TVs.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Administrative Yuki-Onna RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Ha! Take that you Backer-bitches. Plus one for June customers.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules. Also make sure to keep up-to-date with contests & sales.
    Show support for OUYAForum by becoming a Supporter.

This what I've been trying to tell people who have been expecting to have it today or before the weekend.

@RiotingSpectre: Still getting mine at least 2 months before you

Can't say I'm surprised. I'm stuck waiting for June at best, anyway.
    http://www.soldiermws.blogspot.com / http://www.youtube.com/soldiermws
    PSN / Steam / Twitter / XBL: SoldierMWS

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMWS View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. I'm stuck waiting for June at best, anyway.
    I'm thinking about making a support group for our type of people. I'd supply the oreo's and coffee so can you bring the chairs? We can talk about how (not-so) awesome it is being a June customer and try and convince ourselves that we're better than these guys while slowly being more and more dead inside...
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules. Also make sure to keep up-to-date with contests & sales.

This is no big surprise, really. But as a lot of people were overly-optimistic about receiving it tomorrow or in a few days, this piece of "official news" does make a sad headline.

And RiotingSpectre, you're making me all jealous that I'm not a "June backer". I want in on your group as well! The whole thing about coffee and Oreo's sound awesome!
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

As a "probably" June customer, I want to be in your group, and I safely say right away that we will get a console full of 2 months worth of goodies ready to be bought, and probably a more stable firmware with full online support.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    I'm thinking about making a support group for our type of people. I'd supply the oreo's and coffee so can you bring the chairs? We can talk about how (not-so) awesome it is being a June customer and try and convince ourselves that we're better than these guys while slowly being more and more dead inside...
    I laughed pretty good reading this... I'm lucky enough to be a Day 1 backer, but unlucky as it'll probably still be a week before i get my OUYA while being backer 9594... Can you believe that, over 10,000 backers on the first day!!! Can't wait for my OUYA to arrive!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cyto View Post
    I laughed pretty good reading this... I'm lucky enough to be a Day 1 backer, but unlucky as it'll probably still be a week before i get my OUYA while being backer 9594... Can you believe that, over 10,000 backers on the first day!!! Can't wait for my OUYA to arrive!!
    Wait... how do you know what backer number you are?

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesPDX View Post
    Wait... how do you know what backer number you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdyCarter View Post
    I recieved an email with the subject "Confirm you are ADYCARTER" from no-reply@ouya.tv on the 12/15/12, at the bottom of the email it has my backer number; P.S. In case you were curious, you were Kickstarter backer number 41648 for OUYA. Thank you for believing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    It was included in the email that confirmed your OUYA username. See my sig.
    There you go.