Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

OUYA's to get new User Interface, USB Storage & Web Queuing THIS MONTH!

Entire article and respect goes to engadget. You can see the other two photos in the linked source.

Basically OUYA will be getting:
    - New User Interface (seen below)
    - USB Storage
    - Ability to Queue Games from the Web.

The OUYA user interface isn't what we'd call "ideal." The folks behind OUYA apparently realize that too, and today we've got the first look at some big updates that will be coming to the Android-based $100 game console sometime this month. A company spokesperson says a new designer was brought in to overhaul the UI so that it's easier to discover new games (and so that it's more pleasant to look at from 10 feet away). Additionally, the update includes some honest-to-goodness new features, including support for USB storage and the ability to queue games from the web (and OUYA's newsletters) so that when you go fire up the console they'll already be downloaded.

Throughout, you'll notice a bigger emphasis on cover art -- in the "Discover" section, for instance, the menu headers have actually been made smaller to make room for larger game thumbnails. OUYA also made some subtle tweaks like showing all the game titles on the "Discover" page and going with a more consistent icon style. Not rocket science, exactly, but they're details that should add up to a cleaner browsing experience. Additionally, double-tapping will bring up the redesigned system menu, where you can purchase and like games. Here, you'll also find custom game recommendations -- not unlike what Microsoft has begun doing in the Windows Store.
    Want A OUYA Kickstarter Section? Visit Here.

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    finally a system menu.

Chats

hopefully we'll finally get rid of the ridiculous long sandbox...

Chats

It's beautiful! Can't wait
    I like that there's a "BUY" button in the system menu, that's pretty cool. I hope they'll put a price next to it.

Chats

No more orange??? OMGWTFWANT!

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar
    Chats

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Meh seems like more of the same, I would love to see some real innovation such as favourite apps (both store bought and side-loaded) and social integration (Being able to see when others you add are online and what they are playing would be a start). The current menu is far to empty and makes users dig for even the simplest things such as games they regularly play... There is a difference between streamlining and leaving out what modern consoles have come to be expected to have.

In my opinion...FAIL

Chats

I just want a redesigned OUYAStore in general which means a new SandBox. Come on, OUYA. You're hittin' home-runs constantly these days and this is the last push along with external storage. Give us that full-on restructuring, baby!
    Want A OUYA Kickstarter Section? Visit Here.

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    I just want a redesigned OUYAStore in general which means a new SandBox. Come on, OUYA. You're hittin' home-runs constantly these days and this is the last push along with external storage. Give us that full-on restructuring, baby!
    +1

Chats

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I believe it's more in line with how they invisioned the original Kickstarter concept UI. Scrolling through lots of icons should hopefully be less of a pain too. I love how it looks. It's warmer like it used to be and looks a lot more intuative.

They have had to do something with this. Gamestick's only real advantage over OUYA (with exception of price) is the UI. So I imagine the new OUYA facelift will be equal to, if not better than it's less powerful, cheaper looking, ugly piece of plastic competitor

/EndFanBoyRant

OUYA Developer
    Chats

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I want mah orange! I don't see all the hate against the current UI. Either way, hopefully this menu will actually be stable.