Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    OUYAForum Regular Victor Coleiro's Avatar

Amazon email to an Ouya dev Re: porting their game to Fire TV

Hopefully this is just a one off, but I get the feeling it isn't. That said, it looks like Amazon have contacted an Ouya dev asking them to port their game to the Amazon Fire TV. I hope its not a mass targeted initiative to get all/most games on Ouya to the Fire TV. (Cant buy them, just contact the devs to get them to port their games over, result, get the best Ouya games and pay Ouya absolutely nothing for it)

Hard to be upset with them though for doing it, seeing since we do the same in reverse. Not Amazon Fire TV games, but with games on other platfroms -> Ouya.

Edit: just to clarify, as I've said in later posts, I have no problem with devs taking up the opportunity, shit I'd do it myself if I had an Ouya game. Also, as I noted above, I don't have an issue with a company like Amazon approaching Ouya devs

What I do have a concern about, is the possibility of a targeted mass campaign to get Ouya games onto Amazon Fire TV. Ie if Amazon managed to get all/ most Ouya games over to Fire TV, what the effect on Ouya inc would be. < - This specific scenario is what I'm concerned about.
    It's good that devs are coming forward to talk about how they were approached. It gives an idea of how extensive or not extensive Amazons campaign is.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post148835

OUYAForum Manager

1 members found this post helpful.
    Many companies have contacted Ouya devs for games. Kinda the same way we find the devs that made games for other systems and ask them to port...

Because people are supposed to turn down essentially free money for their existing games because?

2 members found this post helpful.
    Don't see what the problem is. If I was a dev I would be flattered and jacked at the chance to make money.

I don't have an issue what so ever with devs taking it up - I would do the same. And as I said in the OP, we do the same in reverse.
    The only concern I have is what this could do to Ouya if all games end up on Fire TV. As I said though, it could and hopefully is nothing majpr as opposed to Amazon going through a list of Ouya devs .

OUYAForum Manager

Basically a dev would be a fool to not sell there game on every system that will sell them.

If they end up on Mojo then they will be on both stores.... not sure the problem
    Last edited by mmartino; 09-05-2014 at 04:25 AM.

I just hope Amazon don't end up getting most of the games. The more Ouya games on Fire TV, the less reasons people have to buy an Ouya over a Fire Tv. After all, Ouya's major asset , is its games line up.

After seeing the laziness with the ODK from some of our developers, you have nothing to worry about.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Rhellik and the others better do it if they know what's good for them. Join the cool people club. What do you have to lose? Don't be a square. Just one simple deal is all we're asking you to do take.

You want to be cool, right? You know what to do.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules. Also make sure to keep up-to-date with contests & sales.
    Show support for OUYAForum by becoming a Supporter.