Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OUYA News: Gameboy, NeoGeo, Genesis, Saturn, Atari, PC Emulators coming to OUYA!

OUYA News: Gameboy, NeoGeo, Genesis, Atari, TurboGrafx-16 Emulators coming to OUYA!
    By Ed Krassenstein

(March 27, 2013) Just 2 days ago, we broke a story about several Nintendo emulators that would be coming to OUYA at launch. They included an N64 emulator, an NES emulator and an SNES emulator. Then yesterday we learned that a Commodor 64 emulator will also be ported to the game console. Today, the news gets even more crazy. Robert Broglia, has informed OUYAForum.com that he plans to bring "all" of his emulators to the OUYA. If you are unfamiliar with Broglia's emulators, you should probably familiarize yourself with them right now. They include:

- GBA - Classic Gameboy Advance (GBA) Emulator
    - GBC - Classic Gameboy Color Emulator
    - MD - Classic Genesis/Mega Drive/CD & Master System/Mark III Emulator
    - NES - Classic NES/Famicom Emulator
    - Snes9x EX+ - Advance SNES Emulator with near complete game compatibility (based on Snes9x 1.53)
    - PCE - Classic PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Emulator
    - NEO - Classic Neogeo MVS/AES Emulator
    - 2600 - Classic Atari 2600 VCS Emulator
    - NGP - Classic Neogeo Pocket color Emulator
    - MSX - Classic MSX computer & Colecovision Emualtor
    - Saturn - Classic Sega Saturn Emulator

"I'm releasing all of them, but will start with Snes9x EX+," said Broglia. "(I) hope to have a test APK ready soon."

The pricing on the emulators has not yet been released, but we are guessing they will range from FREE to less than $10 (keeping in mind that all OUYA games/apps must have some free features). Broglia plans to upload the test .APK files to the OUYAForum APK Testing folder, when they are available. He informed us that he plans to create some OUYA test builds for the emulators fairly soon. However, he won't have his OUYA until at least April, since he pre-ordered his console after Kickstarter had ended. The test builds should be ready before then, for others to try out though, so keep an eye on our APK Testing Folder.

On top of this awesomely wonderful news, we also learned today that the developer of the Consoul x86 PC Emulator has already submitted his emulator to OUYA for review. This quite possibly could mean that it will be available on the OUYA at launch. The x86 PC Emulator will allow gamers to play old DOS games on the OUYA.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Retired Administrator RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    This is excellent news. I knew the king of emulation was interested in the Ouya but I seriously thought he wasn't going to develop for it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    - Saturn - Classic Sega Saturn Emulator ON ANYTHING
    People have big balls these days... Big, big, balls.

Wait a minute, dude. PCE is PC-Engine. The TurboGrafx-16 in Japan. Not a computer.

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn.

That is correct. The PC emulator is being brought over by another developer. See below:
    On top of this awesomely wonderful news, we also learned today that the developer of the JPC x86 PC Emulator has already submitted his emulator to OUYA for review. This quite possibly could mean that it will be available on the OUYA at launch. The x86 PC Emulator will allow gamers to play old DOS games on the OUYA.

Retired Administrator RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    That is correct. The PC emulator is being brought over by another developer. See below:
    .......Putting on a pot of coffee. Merge my first two post, please.

Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn.

That's awesome, can't wait for those, and for my Ouya.

For those interested in the x86 PC Emulator, the developer is taking request for which DOS games you would like to see. You can let him know in his thread at: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...es-do-you-want

WoW, amazing news!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey buddy, you better get that red dot checked out. My uncle died of crotch dot. - Chief Wiggum

class, a working version of XBMC and some great emulators and some good games, and i can dumped my AMD media pc

Awsome news i waiting for Neo-Geo & SNES emulators

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/27/ouy...ogeo-and-more/

Heh, "could"

Just need a workable NullDC port... Those guys are so damn secretive