Close
Advertise Here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A new store!

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterkidd View Post
    Is it possible to grab all the data already on the OUYA wiki? I forgot the one that maintains that now. Eldon McGuinness maybe? Have a chat with him
    Yes, we are discussing this already. Right now I'm just playing around with some free titles.
    So many games, so little time...

1 members found this post helpful.
    Any news Retrowurst?

Still working on it, but no dramatic news. Purchases work now for paid and free games, Paypal integration in the works, next is credit card (Does anybody really want that?!). Some devs like the idea, some don't, but not because of hostility towards OUYA, but because of the more work they would have with one store more to take care of.

Right now, Summer is here and I'm spending most of my time outside, so things progress quite slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Still working on it, but no dramatic news. Purchases work now for paid and free games, Paypal integration in the works, next is credit card (Does anybody really want that?!). Some devs like the idea, some don't, but not because of hostility towards OUYA, but because of the more work they would have with one store more to take care of.

Right now, Summer is here and I'm spending most of my time outside, so things progress quite slowly.
    Can I just ask who's benefitting from these payments?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

This is a strange question... the devs, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    This is a strange question... the devs, of course.
    Just making sure. Wouldn't be fair otherwise!

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

You know, a lot of devs were pretty pissed about the payment policy of OUYA back then. There's no decision made yet, but I want the devs being paid faster, not needing to reach a limit first. Maybe we can pay them in real time.
    But this is a complicated process, because I want to make sure that I don't have to spend too much of my own money to run this thing. I'm not interested in Profit (and that would not be a serious expectation either), but I want to have the costs covered as much as possible.

That is indeed going to be a bugbear going ahead.
    If you’d like the flip side of the coin, to worry about, too, remember that initially ALL OUYA games had Free download editions.
    If 100 people download just the free version, you’re going to need to pay the costs of the server, somehow, so will probably need adverts and the like to keep it running...

And then you have devs like me, who only ever made freeware.
    Would you be profiting from the adverts? Would you be making money from my games, when I’m not????...!
    Luckily, I’ve learned that this stuff will happen. I’m almost certain that hundreds of my games are out in the wild, making ad-click revenue for others..

But other developers might not be as willing to accept that..
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

I don't expect it to become too expensive for me, and I'm not interested in running ads on the store. It is supposed to run on the console similar to the store we all know. I don't know yet if we will make the frontend Website available to the public, but I can assure you it will be ad-free.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Unconsole