Close
Advertise Here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A new store!

Easily said when you literally don’t have 100 games to move!!!
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

You'd have to move them all anyway if a new store was hosted, there's no way razer are just going to give the rights to OUYA away. Porting them to a new platform will be a pain but you're at least guaranteed they'll be up there for a good amount of time

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

I’m content having them on my server, but any place that will act as a database for people searching specifically for these types of games, is a good idea, IMO.

All I'm saying is that another platform doesn't need to be created just to share these games. Plenty already exist on Android for starters. Look at the moga app for example, am I'm sure the Google play store has a category for games with controller support. We need to stop looking at an OUYA replacement and start looking at a way to move forward

3 members found this post helpful.
    Move on, my arse! There's no good reason we shouldn't be able to play on our hardware until it dies.
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYLE View Post
    All I'm saying is that another platform doesn't need to be created just to share these games. Plenty already exist on Android for starters. Look at the moga app for example, am I'm sure the Google play store has a category for games with controller support. We need to stop looking at an OUYA replacement and start looking at a way to move forward
    You don't get the point of all this. It's not about a new store and making money. First goal is the preservation of the existing OUYA library as complete as possible. If someone wants to put new stuff in there, he's welcome. My Motivation is just to be prepared when Razer turns it off someday.
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    You don't get the point of all this. It's not about a new store and making money. First goal is the preservation of the existing OUYA library as complete as possible. If someone wants to put new stuff in there, he's welcome. My Motivation is just to be prepared when Razer turns it off someday.
    I totally understand what you're saying and I'm all for it, but you'll need the permission of every Dev before you stick the game on it.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

That's totally clear and I'm already working on this.
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    That's totally clear and I'm already working on this.
    Is it possible to grab all the data already on the OUYA wiki? I forgot the one that maintains that now. Eldon McGuinness maybe? Have a chat with him
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.