Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Work for Razer?
    How did that get on the list?.
    I was just fooling around with a friend and when he told me that the Razer HQ is in Hamburg, he was joking "why not apply for a Job and do it from there"
    So many games, so little time...

Hi all again, yes Retrowurst I could code something close to that, BUT I would rather have a clean OS to start working on rather than using the old Ouya one.
    So my steps will be to understand what is required to flash a completetly different version of android on this device, OS wise and driver ( manufacturer ) wise.
    I would liek to implement Project Treble on the ouya to keep it up to date on the lastest version of android.
    After that is done, I will need to make a usb key that when pluged in it would get all permissions needed and restart the Ouya.
    After that it would install auto the new OS.
    AND ONLY after that, I would like to work on the real friendlist PS4 style.
    And Google services with native controler support.

Quote Originally Posted by maximedulude View Post
    Hi all again, yes Retrowurst I could code something close to that, BUT I would rather have a clean OS to start working on rather than using the old Ouya one.
    So my steps will be to understand what is required to flash a completetly different version of android on this device, OS wise and driver ( manufacturer ) wise.
    I would liek to implement Project Treble on the ouya to keep it up to date on the lastest version of android.
    After that is done, I will need to make a usb key that when pluged in it would get all permissions needed and restart the Ouya.
    After that it would install auto the new OS.
    AND ONLY after that, I would like to work on the real friendlist PS4 style.
    And Google services with native controler support.
    and thus, OUYA 2 was born

Quote Originally Posted by meganuke View Post
    Let's hope.
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

I still think this would be cool, but too much effort for this small userbase. And I think for all this, the OUYA is underpowered. I don't think you can run Android 8 with only 1GB of RAM.
    In the best case, it would be painfully slow.

If we would create a "new" store, I would leave everything as it is, build a new launcher with Access to everything that is already present and an own store System. The only Thing I would add is a Friends/Awards-System. Not that I really Need it, but obviosly people love to compare themselves with other players.

why android 8? what does it offer to a microconsole that android 6 does not?

if the people who worked in the original ouya project helps, even a little, it would actually be possible.

a new store? sure! why not? but that would be secondary, with the os running and google play you already have plenty.

why android 8? what does it offer to a microconsole that android 6 does not?

if the people who worked in the original ouya project helps, even a little, it would actually be possible.

a new store? sure! why not? but that would be secondary, with the os running and google play you already have plenty.
    I don't know, maximedulude talked about a new OS and mentioned 8.1.
    A new store, yes, but only if we can't control the present one. Then I would try to get the games that are OUYA-unique to that one by asking the devs.

This is like watching the voices in my head have a conversation. I thought I got those voices to shut up.....