Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi there,
    -The first thing that would be nice to accomplish would be to let everybody flash their Ouya to android 8.1 and keep the kernel updated. This is something possible if we gather the info of the moders and ask for their help. [PS Having a USB key that could do it by itself would be really really nice for adoption of this os]
    -Second me and a couple of my dev friends could help out for an Auth system that is potable.
    -Third having the Google Services on the device would be the game changer... might break the compatibility with Ouya soft tho but... at this point not sure if I still care about the ouya store...
    -What would be nice is setuping a Need list. Let me know what you think...

And if we could map the controler keys on Ouya controller for PUBG & Fortnight... god that thing would grow like crazy!

1 members found this post helpful.
    i wont even read the whole tread
    think about this.

every developer signed a contract with ouya/razer, it means there are legals obligations.

to "cease operations": is easy.

but to "give the rights to..." is a whole different thing.

you will be having authority into allowance / disallowance of execution of games, which you have absolutely no right, no contract, no nothing.

and i can see all the arguments: we wont profit, etc etc etc. and iunderstand, but i think a little about this and i dont think this is going to happen.

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by maximedulude View Post
    Hi there,
    -The first thing that would be nice to accomplish would be to let everybody flash their Ouya to android 8.1 and keep the kernel updated. This is something possible if we gather the info of the moders and ask for their help. [PS Having a USB key that could do it by itself would be really really nice for adoption of this os]
    -Second me and a couple of my dev friends could help out for an Auth system that is potable.
    -Third having the Google Services on the device would be the game changer... might break the compatibility with Ouya soft tho but... at this point not sure if I still care about the ouya store...
    -What would be nice is setuping a Need list. Let me know what you think...

And if we could map the controler keys on Ouya controller for PUBG & Fortnight... god that thing would grow like crazy!
    I'm no expert, but Android 8 is a bit too ambitious for this old device, I guess.

Google Play is possible on OUYA already, it should just be improved. It's a mess, because it always tries to store everything on the internal and it keeps giving Errors when you try to download something, but only from time to time.

Mapping controls is already possible with Tincore and similar apps, but it needs root and it's complicated.

A portable authentification System is what I had in mind as the smallest possible solution: let everybody Login to their OUYAs and have a database to check the DRM Status.
    Good idea! This could be the first step.

So you and your friends could actually do something for it?
    So many games, so little time...

[QUOTE=meganuke;194292think about this.

every developer signed a contract with ouya/razer, it means there are legals obligations. to "cease operations": is easy. but to "give the rights to..." is a whole different thing.

you will be having authority into allowance / disallowance of execution of games, which you have absolutely no right, no contract, no nothing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your thoughts. Of course I'm not naive, I know there is a lot of legal stuff behind this. I ran my own business for 15 years. But who doesn't ask, doesn't get answers.

I'm open for everything that helps. Let's say that we would be allowed to setup an alternative authentification System that enables you to Play everything you have donwloaded/purchased.

Or that they allow me/us to maintain the thing, but they remain the owner.

Or acquire the whole thing. If we need money, we will find a way. Why not let another kickstarter save one of the biggest Kickstarter campaigns in history?

Hell, I was even thinking about applying for a Job at Razer (Their Europe HQ is here in Hamburg)

Of course, Chances are small and the odds are against us. But...

or... you can buy one of this:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16813190006

set up everything you are talking about, release the OS for free, any one who wants one can buy his own and install the os.

and name it: OUYA 2

That's a nice idea, but not what I have in mind. In the first place, I only want to see preserved what is already there.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    allowed to setup an alternative authentification System that enables you to Play everything you have donwloaded/purchased.
    same problem i mentioned, you have no right to authorized anything

Or that they allow me/us to maintain the thing, but they remain the owner.
    that one is legally feasible, but... will they be willing to?

Or acquire the whole thing.
    that is the best one, we might need to start selling our bodies thou

When i wrote about creating the whole new thing i was being a little sarcastic, due to the amount of work required being the same.

but after a little thinking i think its actually not a bad idea.
    a "community console" which allows for any monetization model wont attract much people, but it will attract the right people.

also, jayenkai will shove like 900 games into it on the first week.

i kinda like it

For the first two ways, Razers cooperation is required, that is clear.

I don't know what to expect when I think about a price-tag for the whole thing. Of course they would see the opportunity to make some money finally out of this (I don't think they really had so much revenue since 2015), but on the other hand they could be also seeing that a little money is better than none. I don't know.