Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OUYA/Cortex Store Servers offline?!

After two weeks, I fired up my OUYA again and found out that it doesn't show recommendations on the start screen. No access to DISCOVER. Games seem to work though.

I keep getting an error message, saying "java.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: No peer certificate".

Is this the end? Without a single final notice...?
    So many games, so little time...

Sadly mine is in storage (so I can't verify), but it's good to know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Is this the end? Without a single final notice...?
    That seems to be how Razer rolls. Ouya would at least give warning to changes. Sometimes. Razer will disavow any knowledge of anything even existing. Look at their forum and all the threads that disappeared........

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I have not fired up my Forge but my OUYA gives an error when trying to connect.

They could be doing maintenance on the servers they keep the OUYA/Forge on, or it could be dead. Time will tell.

I don't have any contacts at Razer anymore to find out
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

So here's what I found out: Cortex on Forge TV works, but occasionally the Framework stops unexpectedly. I tried logging on with another OUYA and it says "Server not responding".

No reaction from Razer yet. If you want to heat it up a little: ask your questions at chat@razersupport.com, Subject: Razer Chat Case# : 01767777

So... I give up.

System Support (9:39:11 PM):Welcome to Razer Support, my name is Jorge I. Please hold for a few moments while I review your inquiry. For quality assurance purposes, you may be selected to receive a survey regarding your service experience.

System Support (9:39:57 PM):Hello there, Alexander.

Me (9:40:02 PM):Hello!

System Support (9:40:09 PM):How are you doing today?

Me (9:40:30 PM):Not good, because my issue has not been solved and I didn't hear from you yet...
    Me (9:40:39 PM):And you?

System Support (9:40:57 PM):I'm doing fine. I apologize for the inconvenience.

System Support (9:41:41 PM):Now, the OUYA is a third party device and we currently do not have anything wrong on our end.

System Support (9:42:02 PM):What you can do is to contact the manufacturer of OUYA to help you with this issue.

System Support (9:42:11 PM):Cortex and Forge TV is working fine so no worries on our end.

Me (9:42:38 PM):Technically, it was all good until a few days ago. OUYAs were able to access the Storefront just like always. Now something has changed and it's locked out.

Me (9:42:57 PM):I just bricked my device because it tries to connect and does not reach the server.

Me (9:43:24 PM):All my games are lost if it stays this way.

Me (9:44:13 PM):When Razer took over the OUYA store, there was the promise that OUYA can access it as long as it is online. It is still accessible from the Forge, so why not from the OUYA?

Me (9:44:20 PM):I spent a lot of money on this store!

Me (9:44:30 PM):Hundreds!

Me (9:45:09 PM):The Manufacturer of OUYA is not longer existent, so there is no help, but it isn't a hardware problem anyway. Something has been changed on your server side.

System Support (9:45:53 PM):I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, Alexander but my support is mainly focused on the Razer laptops and OUYA being a third party device, it may be catered by them and can be fixed by them.
    Me (9:46:31 PM):They have been acquired by Razer, don't you know that? Your company is responsible for the store.

System Support (9:47:08 PM):I have checked their website and we weren't informed about this. Our focus is mainly on our region which is in the US.

System Support (9:47:39 PM):I feel your sentiments but it seems that I am at lost and at an end to give you suggestions. You can call the manufacturer of OUYA for this one.

Me (9:48:48 PM):The manufacturer is broke. Razer bought it. There were even employees from OUYA at Razer. There must be someone at your IT department who is responsible for the store and who knows how to fix this, because it's the people from former OUYA working at Razer who developed the store!

Me (9:49:23 PM):Could you please look around and ask to find someone who knows more about it?

System Support (9:49:42 PM):Let me further check on my end. Please hold for about 3-5 minutes.

Me (9:49:52 PM):Thank you very much!

System Support (9:58:54 PM):Thank you for patiently waiting, Alexander.

System Support (10:00:11 PM):I just want to set your expectations that even though Razer bought OUYA before, it's still a different device that is owned by a third party company. Now, you have contacted Razer Chat Support and we mostly deal with Razer concerns. If you've had any issues with the Razer Cortex and the Razer Forge, then we can assist you. But as for devices connected to them that are not of Razer, we have to refer you back to the original manufacturer of the device.

Me (10:02:16 PM):You know for yourself that this is pointless, don't you? I'm pretty sure that the problem could be solved easily, if someone would really care. Razer made money with my OUYA buying games on this store, so I think it is legitimate to ask if they can make this little effort so that my RAZER games are not worthless data junk.

Me (10:02:39 PM):The problem is not the device. It worked perfectly until last week.

Me (10:05:41 PM):There is a guy called Carl who was always a contact for OUYA users at Razer.

System Support (10:05:54 PM):I completely understand where you are coming from, I really do. I have consulted every department that I could regarding your concern and nobody can route you anywhere except back to OUYA.

Me (10:06:02 PM):The OUYA may be a third party device, but I'm a Razer customer.

Me (10:06:57 PM):The guys full name is Carl Vogel afair

System Support (10:07:58 PM):I apologize but I do not know who that person is.

System Support (10:09:10 PM):I know where you are coming from but I am at a dead end in supporting your concern.

System Support (10:09:14 PM):It is already beyond my scope.

System Support (10:09:29 PM):For reference: https://www.ouya.tv/contact/

Me (10:10:05 PM):Error 404.

System Support (10:10:25 PM):https://www.ouya.tv/contact/

System Support (10:10:28 PM):How about that address.

Me (10:11:36 PM):The site is dead. Click on FAQ, click on support... you'll get a 404. Because it is Razers property and they didn't administrated it ever since. All the years since 2015, Razer was the one to ask. And now not anymore? Poor...
    System Support (10:13:17 PM):I have already exhausted what I can to assist you, Alexander. I am at an end. I apologize. If you can, please do contact us if you have any problems with your Razer devices.

Me (10:14:31 PM):After my experiences with the Razer Forge TV and how customers with it were treated by Razer; I doubt that I will ever buy another product from Razer, so there will be no problem.

System Support (10:15:53 PM):I sincerely apologize for the way that this has ended, Alexander. I really am. I have consulted everyone here and we want to assist you, we really do but it's already out of our scope. Although it was purchased by Razer, no further updates were cascaded into us.

Me (10:20:02 PM):You know, I purchased the Razer Forge TV back then because Razer promised a lot of things. It was a promising device, but they didn't even manage to transfer the library completely. Only 25% of the titles are available, most good titles missing. Then your IT didn't manage to update the box that it could expand storage - although someone else hacked the box to get the expansion working... disappointment after disappointment. I would have used the box, but without storage and the good games, it's a useless brick.

Me (10:20:35 PM):That's why I sticked to my OUYA. And that's why I asked for support. Maybe you can pass this along to others so they think about how they treat their customers.

Me (10:22:00 PM):Razer wanted the userbase when they purchased the OUYA store. Now these users are obsolete. A very poor performance of such a big company.

Me (10:23:18 PM):And now you are not even able to ask one of your coders what and why they changed it. If the lock out of the OUYAs was intentional - then stand for it and say it. A short notice in advance would have been enough. Preparations could have been done. Now it's all just a piece of junk.

Me (10:24:18 PM):I work in IT. I'm pretty sure it's just a certificate that is no longer valid, or something like that. But I guess it's too much to ask to look for it.

System Support (10:26:05 PM):Alexander, I want to inform you that I am from Systems Support and we deal with Razer laptops. The support you are asking from me is already out of my scope. We deal with the day to day issues of our customers and we weren't even informed about OUYA being a part of Razer. If we were, we would have proper training about it. Also, we do not have coders here except when they deal with software concerns. Right now, I am completely bothered that I am unable to assist and as much as I really want to, I am at an end.

System Support (10:26:33 PM):If you have other concerns, we are going to be here. But right now, I apologize for what has happened to your device and I hope it will get fixed soon.

Me (10:26:52 PM):And you could not pass the ticket to someone who supports the Cortex Store? Is there someone?

System Support (10:27:31 PM):I have already passed that information to them and they said the same thing. They are unable to support and understand the process of OUYA since it's a third party device.

Me (10:31:41 PM):Thank you. Good night.

System Support (10:32:05 PM):If you need further assistance, please contact us back using this case number: 01767777.

System Support (10:32:13 PM):Thank you for contacting Razer Chat Support, this has been Jorge. Goodbye and have a great day!

System Support (10:32:17 PM):Take care, Alexander!

I've spoken to that Jorge a long while ago. He was the one who ended up giving me the voucher for the 50$ off or whatever it was since I had bought an OUYA. Decent chap, but I do see where he's coming from. It wasn't his decision to drop the Forge TV, and shouldn't be the one getting the stick for it.

Don't shoot the messenger!
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

Actually this is only the second part of the Chat, I contacted him a day before and then he promised me to get back to me, what he didn't. I'm not making him responsible for the situation, but I had the Impression he was uncomfortable with my issue and wanted to get rid of me as quick as possible... that made me a little angry. But it doesn't matter anymore anyway...

2 members found this post helpful.
    I first heard about this a few days ago(havent been using the ole ouya much,) but i did get using my forge again. I tested it by buying and downloading a game successfully. So i dunno clearly Razer wantd to sweep that deal under the rug. And it was really their screw up. They gave up marketing the forge. Thinking the name alone would sell. They didnt add storage, but a rather smart forum member was able to while still keeping the cortex store. Any ouya employees that stuck around havent been by in god knows how long. Not even to just warn us if they were being let go or leaving about what was reallg going on there. Hell Bawb works at HumbleBundle now.

So hopefully i was able to download what i wanted to keep. Someone stole my usb drive that had all my games installed. So j ahd to replace and the store was acting dodgy before. Sadly ive all but moved on anyways to my Switch and even the forge tv with shadowgun legends and final fantasy 9 from play store.

The Ouya was a fine time for me. Id gotten a great fill from it. Played a few games to completion. Wasted lots of hours gleefully. And developed an appreciation for the indies. Made a friend or two from this very forum (though hes permabanned LOL) i still talk to and now friends on switch with. Interact with a few of you on twitter.

The Ouya will be a fond memory and a worthy purchase for me in my book. A great experiment. A start of a trend (android game boxes). And the stepping stone for great developers whos games are now on steam and the big boy consoles. It didnt survive the revolution, but i dare say it threw the first few bricks...

Think about this. It beat the Gamestick. It was supported longer than the Virtual Boy. It was supported longer than the Dreamcast.

Sadly because of its online and download nature. It wont leave any legacy. Just a blip in gaming history.

It was perfect for travel too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Well, we knew this was going to happen.

Cheers to ya, OUYA!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram