Close
Advertise Here

No more updates for Pinball Arcade

As I paid for the complete 7th season of TPA, I contacted Farsight to ask what they will do about the "sunsetting process" on Forge/OUYA.

Here's what I wrote:

"Hello Team,

I’m a fan of Pinball Arcade on the OUYA for years, since 2014. During the years, I purchased all seasons.
    Now I hear that Razer (Owner of the OUYA store) doesn’t allow any more updates of games.
    As updates through the Discover store on the OUYA are no longer possible, I’d like to know if you will provide a sideloadable app, because that seems to be the only way left to update the app and get new tables.
    I’m asking because in your February newsletter you write that the new table „Sorcerer“ will be available on OUYA too.

Thinking about the future, I have another question:
    Could you please make your Android app AndroidTV compatible? I made some tests and the app works, but it is not controller friendly. Your app on the amazon store only works partially with the controller.

It would be great if you could make one of the apps (either Amazon oder Google Play, or both ) controller compatible. There are a lot of AndroidTV players out there, who miss Pinball Arcade, e.g. on their Nvdia Shield TV (like me).
    And if this works, I would love to be able to transfer my purchased tables to the new account.

What do you think about this? Please let me know.

Thanks
    Alex

... And here is the sad answer:

Hello there!
    Unfortunately we are not able to provide a side app, or any OUYA updates, but we are looking in to the Android TV. We are very sorry for all of the trouble.

Well, that's very far away from the "we will provide OUYA updates no matter if the store goes down or not"-statement ...
    So many games, so little time...

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Lame.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram