Close
Advertise Here

Thread: It's Over 9000!

Hybrid View

1 members found this post helpful.

It's Over 9000!

What happens when you cross DBZ, Marvel VS Capcom 2, and Guilty Gear? This!

Dragon Ball FighterZ review
    It's Krillin time.

By Wesley Yin-Poole

Dragon Ball FighterZ is a match made in heaven. It's that rare licensed game that comes from the marriage of a developer and franchise who are perfect for each other. What Rocksteady did for Batman, what Rare did for James Bond and what BioWare did for Star Wars, Japanese studio Arc System Works has done for Dragon Ball. The result is an exciting, exuberant and surprisingly rewarding brawler that's one of the best fighting games I've played, and it's not just for genre enthusiasts either.

The first thing that strikes you is just how gorgeous the game looks. This is a 3D game played from a 2D perspective, but the characters, effects and stages are so wonderfully realised that you'd be forgiven for mistaking the video game for the anime upon which it's based. That doesn't even go far enough: Dragon Ball FighterZ at times looks better than the anime.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ighterz-review

Couldn't agree more with that last sentence. Playing a little of the game makes me want to get back into warrior mode. Just need to see if my fighting gear still fits.

"For a time I consider sparing your retched little planet. Now witness it's dismemberment!"- Unicron

How do they say the Z is bad. It's trademark...ugh. Anyway great looking game but I have no time...

3 members found this post helpful.
    I’m too old to get enjoyment out of a lot of local multiplayer games.
    All my old gaming friends are off having boring "lives", and game nights are lonely AI driven events.

"Hey, Siri. Fancy a game of Bomberman?"
    "It doesn't look like you have a game called 'Fancy'. Would you like to search the App Store for it?"
    Last edited by Jayenkai; 01-30-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

I never got into playing fighting games online. Didn't want to lose a game because of lag or have rage quitters blow up my in box with FUs.

"For a time I consider sparing your retched little planet. Now witness it's dismemberment!"- Unicron

1 members found this post helpful.
    I would just do story mode, screw the rageaholics.

The story mode in all of the DBZ games always seems to do the franchise justice. Personally, I've only had a few fights in the demo (before becoming obliterated), and it's pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    I would just do story mode, screw the rageaholics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chii_Dev View Post
    The story mode in all of the DBZ games always seems to do the franchise justice. Personally, I've only had a few fights in the demo (before becoming obliterated), and it's pretty fun.

The story mode is supposed to be pretty dope.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Story Mode Is Surprisingly Good

by Mike Fahey

Dragon Ball FighterZ is out today, spawning countless brutal online battles between players eager to rise to the top of the leaderboards. But fret not, multiplayer-phobic fighting game fans—the game’s lengthy and demanding story mode is an excellent way to delay the inevitable multiplayer beat-down.

Rather than rehash familiar storylines as countless Dragon Ball games before it, FighterZ features an original story centered around an all-new character. Clones of the series’ most powerful fighters rampage across the planet, and a mysterious energy leaves the originals powerless to stop them. In the first of three story arcs, the player is cast as a disembodied soul that finds itself inhabiting the body of pointy-haired protagonist Goku.
    https://kotaku.com/dragon-ball-fight...ood-1822453480

It's Kotaku, so do with that what you will.