Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ouya.wiki gone?

ouya.wiki gone?

Just found out that ouya.wiki is gone, not because of the owner, but because the wiki service went offline...

will there be a new home for the wiki? If not, I could possibly host it, but I don't know the requirements...
    So many games, so little time...

I mentioned this a couple of days ago on the chatbox. Although it's sad to see it gone, it's probably not worth hosting it as nobody updated it when it was there, LOL!
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I looked there for a lot of things and I found it very useful as an apk Archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    I looked there for a lot of things and I found it very useful as an apk Archive.
    Hmmm, Then maybe it would be an idea to get something set up. Can anyone contact the wiki guys to grab all the data?
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

Elron McGuiness was the admin, afair...

Find Eldon.
    Release the bloodhounds.
    Get the search helicopters off the ground.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Find Eldon.
    Release the bloodhounds.
    Get the search helicopters off the ground.
    *sniffs the air*

Good day for a hunt.
    Last edited by Killswitch; 01-12-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

2 members found this post helpful.
    Smithers, release the Hounds!

1 members found this post helpful.
    I checked the couches in the Forum lounge and we have $2.31 we can put towards the hunt.

I should note that his twitter https://twitter.com/EldonMcGuinness is still very active.

I am guilty of not submitting much to the wiki. I didn't think the wiki was a bad idea for raw data such as stats and the like. But when it came down to binaries such as APK's or images wiki's suffer from the same problem the XDA community suffers from which is

free hosting servers.

the absolute blight of the internet.

Hosting binaries on a commercial server can get expensive! For those who have done the CyanogenMod to your Ouya consider donating to Milaq for continuing to host Cyanogen and now the new updates to Lineage - https://milaq.net/

I have an extreme hatred for free hosting servers because it isn't really free. In fact half of the links to perform the MOD to your Ouya via XDA let to some advertisements which used aggressive Trojan tactics to ruin peoples PCs. I also have a problem with YouTube in general as videos can be scrubbed off of their system if say the content owner does something to violate the three strike policy killing the account and any relevant data that could help the Ouya community. When hosting content it's an all or nothing kind of proposition or else you'll end with data-rot.

That being said. Wiki's like any other CMS based application require constant care. If they remain idle for too long security holes are found and the next thing you know all of the data you have entered into that system is not totally hijacked by spammers wanting to boost their back-links not understanding that google does not give a damn about that anymore. This is why wiki-like services are shut down after a period of time. It sucks to loose all of that data. Hopefully Eldon might be able to contact the provider to get someone willing to host it the database.
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog