Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OUYA Tidbits: #2 - Many Emulators, Huge eBay Returns, Some Negativity

March 24, 2013
    OUYA Tidbits #2 - By Ed Krassenstein

Emulators, Emulators Everywhere!
    Over the past several weeks we have discovered several well known emulators will be coming to the OUYA. Those gamers who love the classic NES and SNES games should rejoice. According to the developer of EMUya, the NES emulator has already been submitted for review and should be available on the the OUYA at launch (March 28th). SNES & N64 fans will have a options as well. Both the SuperGNES SNES emulator, and Mupen64Plus N64 Emulator, will also be ported over to the OUYA. We have confirmed that the Mupen64Plus emulator will be available at launch. On top of this, today, we've learned via twitter that one developer is even working on an N-Gage emulator for the console.

Huge eBay Returns
    Do you think that $250 is a fair price to pay to have an OUYA console 2 months earlier than most of your friends? Well, several bidders on eBay feel that way. There are currently several OUYA consoles up for auction on the internet auction site, and the bids are already over $250 on one of them. Keep in mind that the retail value is only $99 on these little Android consoles.

A bit of Negativity?
    Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford, who is behind the development of the popular video game Borderlands spoke of being a bit cautious about the OUYA. At PAX East, Pitchford said that his company is a bit wary to support OUYA due to some concerns over the install base. With this said however, Pitchford did admit that they have obtained some development kits, and contributed to the Kickstarter for the console. It is quite likely, several of the big developers are feeling the same way, and are waiting to see some numbers before beginning to create any games for the OUYA.

And those are your OUYA tidbits for March 24th, 2013. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments below Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Short and sweet! I'm seeing myself read these when I feel the need to catch up quickly! Great job!
    OUYAReview - OUYA driven YouTube Network OUYAForum Certified
    SUBSCRIBE @ http://www.youtube.com/ouyareviewofficial

I agree. This was a very good read especially for being so short. Awesome job, Ed.

Great news for the week! Support Ouya

nice one, can not wait for my ouya

What does he mean by "install base"?

He means that the ouya needs millions of units in order to make it even possible for somebody like Gearbox to even possibly make a profit. Big company problems

Quote Originally Posted by zelex View Post
    He means that the ouya needs millions of units in order to make it even possible for somebody like Gearbox to even possibly make a profit. Big company problems

Oh okay.
    ---------
    (Damn, at least 10 characters?... Alright... I got this)..... Cheese.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/snes-...launch/0113015

I assume you're the uncredited source here

"signals within the emulation community"

Heh

Yeah, I'm assuming so too LOL. At least Techcrunch gave us some credit
    http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/25/who...ation-support/
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn