Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xaby View Post
    @Killswitch

What if ... Building an Android 6.0 OUYA ROM/ISO/Firmware ... with an "own" "Store". How complicated can it be? Website, maybe with authentification like to this forum. HTML5, where you can scroll over alll APKs. Maybe it could be an "Shop"-APK itself. Sideloading that on the OUYA, Razer ForgeTV and Shield ... getting some Devs together, asking them, if they would like to submit there APK, they allready build for OUYA / ForgeTV and it could combine all the devices.

It would be like Steam, but for OUYA / ForgeTV / Shield :-)
    Well the problem I see is that you can use AndroidTV for Forge and Shield. And like Pat mentioned there are places to throw an APK out there. While it would be nice for nostalgia it may not be the best plan unless your main focus for that project is Ouya.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    RAWR! Stomp Stomp Stomp!
    platzilla?

Quote Originally Posted by xaby View Post

What if ... Building an Android 6.0 OUYA ROM/ISO/Firmware ... with an "own" "Store". How complicated can it be? Website, maybe with authentification like to this forum. HTML5, where you can scroll over alll APKs. Maybe it could be an "Shop"-APK itself. Sideloading that on the OUYA, Razer ForgeTV and Shield ... getting some Devs together, asking them, if they would like to submit there APK, they allready build for OUYA / ForgeTV and it could combine all the devices.

It would be like Steam, but for OUYA / ForgeTV / Shield :-)
    feasible,
    but too much work
    needs somebody to commit to spend months on it, not worth it since everybody can sideload.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I say do it if you want to!

If you want to make is available on multiple devices, then just put it on the Play store and we can get it on our Forge's, and just leave a link to the APK for those with an OUYA.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

1 members found this post helpful.
    Found a new youtube video, unboxing the OUYA (this week), maybe we could use the interest and push some OUYA news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNvASpnzzo8

That's me in that Video, in 1983
    So many games, so little time...

So, may I ask you once again ...

I think, you would be glad, to get "any" game for the system, but what you are into the most?

- Beat'm'Up
    - Racing
    - Adventures (Point and Click) - Like
    - Adventures like Tomb Raider (Action Adventures)
    - RPG
    - Puzzle Games (like Logical Stones)
    - Old DOS-Games Re-Loaded?
    -
    -
    -

Minecraft-Clones, Building.Games? Open World? Jump'n'Run / Plattformer, 2D or 3D?

Shooters, Run and Gun, Ego-Shooters, Third Person, Shump (Shoot 'm' Up) ...

Gore and Violence, or more Kids Friendly stuff? Is the Story relevant in any means?

Would be nice, to have something like a "good to have", and "please do not ..." discussion or something. [My Game already in developement will not really change of this discussion, but maybe the next or nexter game]

Well, I think there are not enough good Beat'em Ups and Racing Games on the OUYA. Something like Ridge Racer, a good looking Arcade Fun Racer with good speed and music is missing. Just like something like Street Fighter Zero or Mortal Kombat. Most of these games are ugly and/or not very playable IMHO.

Maybe the OUYA legs on all genres :-)

Did someone did experiment with DOS-Box on the OUYA? Thinking about some DOS-Games like "MegaRace", "One Must Fall", "Super Street Fighter 2". "Mortal Mombat Ultimate 3" ...
    Does "Tomb Raider : Anniversary" runs on the OUYA? Maybe with a PSP-Emulator like PPSSPP, or something?

Found that today
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaPSM95ka8o

But that would be also only Emulations and no new exclusive games

And Mortal Kombat Unchained also looks like the Mortal Kombat for N64 or the Dreamcast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJsg-zT-a4

What about Doom BFG? Maybe I have to look at your compatibility list :-)

@Retrowurst
    Beat'm'Up and Racing are heavely based on gameplay mechanics. To get the core right, is not easy. There is much testing involved. And you can't cheat around and give the player better graphics or a nice story, to fool the player.

And yes, I feel the same :-)

PSP Emulation is quite good on OUYA, a lot of systems run very good and stable on it. The NeoGeo emulation for example is so good, it made me stop thinking about buying original NeoGeo hardware.

My proposals were only my opinion. I always thought that the OUYA store has by far not enough games from these Genres. Nowadays... who cares abput the store anyway.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I vote for Point & Click.

Second choice is old DOS style. Because I am old.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram